Author Topic: The Boston Shake - calling us edgy will be taken as dismissive  (Read 21044 times)

I was on /b/
I think we found the problem.

An intervention is under way.

Stop being edgy, it's not cool.
Stop using the term edgy, it's not cool.

people on the internet are too loving senseless and 'tough'
in real life they're probably all basement dwelling wimps

Stop using the term edgy, it's not cool.
Check out this grimdark edgeman

people on the internet are too loving senseless and 'tough'
in real life they're probably all basement dwelling wimps
why are you people so resistant to the simple fact that some people find this hilarious
that's such terrible denial

why are you people so resistant to the simple fact that some people find this hilarious
that's such terrible denial
Because its unnatural and inhumane. To think that the death of fellow humans, Earth dwellers that are the same species as you, is just so hilarious to some people is disturbing. I bet it wouldn't be so funny if you/they were the ones with limbs blown off, or killed. It's not "hilarious". It's people hopping on the tough guy bandwagon. I'm sure if you went outside and said "Hey man, that Boston bombing was hilarious, right?" to someone, nine out of ten times you would either be called sick or punched in the jaw.

As far as I'm concerned, if someone finds something tragic like this funny, then they are mentally ill.

As far as I'm concerned, if someone finds something tragic like this funny, then they are mentally ill.
well you're wrong, lol

I remember yesterday I was on /b/ and there was a thread where they were raising money for the guy to get prostetic legs, all the while posting tons of shopped images and bad puns.
If you dont like this kind of humor, thats perfectly understandable, but itd be best if you just avoided it in that case.

there is a difference between making jokes on a topic like that, and making jokes on a topic like this. now, i understand laughter is a natural thing, and who are we to really judge what somebody finds funny? at least, that's what i think. it's not really something that you can control.

now, there is something specifically about this incident that really makes it unfunny in my eyes: it's the fact that the bomb was specifically made to harm as many people as possible. yeah, that's pretty much every bomb's purpose, but instead of killing people, it literally ripped people to shreds and didn't kill them. now, this doesn't mean people still don't die every day in, let's say, vietnam. innocent people over there are blown to millions of bits every day by unactivated landmines placed by the us from the war. even after seeing the amount of people harmed by these things, if somebody made some kind of video recreation in a video game or something that was supposed to make fun of these incidents, who is to say i wouldn't laugh out of natural reaction? if something is funny to you, there isn't exactly a way to stop it from being funny...

innocent people will die all the time, i get if you try to find something funny in it, or laugh, because there is a certain humor in every thing, but try to keep it to yourself, because there will never always be people that agree and most of the time, people who make the jokes are just trying to get reactions. just like in today's world, people make tons of holocaust jokes, and a lot of people aren't offended, at least on the outside, by it (in my experience, no i don't make these kinds of jokes). this doesn't mean that it's ok, because i'm sure if you told this to an older jewish person who was alive during this time, or maybe somebody related to them, you wouldn't get the same response.

all people really want is some respect, but people tell jokes that are without mercy and it really kills people on the inside. humor is something that people are never careful with, and because of this, people are always doing things like killing themselves or hurting others.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:01:26 PM by Sami2ss »

there is a difference between making jokes on a topic like that, and making jokes on a topic like this. now, i understand laughter is a natural thing, and who are we to really judge what somebody finds funny? at least, that's what i think. it's not really something that you can control.

now, there is something specifically about this incident that really makes it unfunny in my eyes: it's the fact that the bomb was specifically made to harm as many people as possible. yeah, that's pretty much every bomb's purpose, but instead of killing people, it literally ripped people to shreds and didn't kill them. now, this doesn't mean people still don't die every day in, let's say, vietnam. innocent people over there are blown to millions of bits every day by unactivated landmines placed by the us from the war. even after seeing the amount of people harmed by these things, if somebody made some kind of video recreation in a video game or something that was supposed to make fun of these incidents, who is to say i wouldn't laugh out of natural reaction? if something is funny to you, there isn't exactly a way to stop it from being funny...

innocent people will die all the time, i get if you try to find something funny in it, or laugh, because there is a certain humor in every thing, but try to keep it to yourself, because there will never always be people that agree and most of the time, people who make the jokes are just trying to get reactions. just like in today's world, people make tons of holocaust jokes, and a lot of people aren't offended, at least on the outside, by it (in my experience, no i don't make these kinds of jokes). this doesn't mean that it's ok, because i'm sure if you told this to an older jewish person who was alive during this time, or maybe somebody related to them, you wouldn't get the same response.

all people really want is some respect, but people tell jokes that are without mercy and it really kills people on the inside. humor is something that people are never careful with, and because of this, people are always doing things like killing themselves or hurting others.

I almost raged at you from using the outdated reference of Vietnam.  But then I read on.
I've learned a valuable lesson today.

I almost raged at you from using the outdated reference of Vietnam.  But then I read on.
are you loving handicapped? vietnam, cambodia, and parts of laos and myanmar are literally riddled with millions of landmines right now. people disarm them every single day to let people continue to develop.

Now we know the fear Iraqi's had when we tortured and destroyed their lives during the Iraq War.

do you know nothing about post-vietnam war?

are you loving handicapped? vietnam, cambodia, and parts of laos and myanmar are literally riddled with millions of landmines right now. people disarm them every single day to let people continue to develop.

woah, calm down. i didn't even know about that stuff until i did a project on the vietnam war maybe a year ago, but i was stunned to hear that, along with that orange gas they sprayed over their land to kill crops that ended up causing tons of deadly mutations/birth defects.

Now we know the fear Iraqi's had when we tortured and destroyed their lives during the Iraq War.

every country is torn apart when war occurs, there is never anything we can do, especially when enemy soldiers hide among the innocent, but that's not completely it. there is so much confusion to even why the war started in the first place...