Author Topic: Windows 7 vs. Ubuntu  (Read 2725 times)

So which one is better? Because I've seen good pictures of Ubuntu, and I am a Mac lover, and it looks pretty close to OS X. I just don't know whether I should switch or stay windows 7. Also, a couple questions:

• Can Ubuntu users post screenshots of their desktop, please?
  • Can I download Windows things onto Ubuntu?

Mac OS X is better than them both.

but Windows 7 > Ubuntu

Mac OS X is better than them both.

but Windows 7 > Ubuntu
Fanboy a little harder.

Fanboy a little harder.

I'm not a Apple fan-boy, Jesus.
If I was, I would be running to the store at 5 AM whenever Apple releases a new product.

• Can I download Windows things onto Ubuntu?

I can download Mac files on Windows... you mean install? Sure you can. Using programs like WINE.

If I was, I would be running to the store at 5 AM whenever Apple releases a new product.

no

Windows 7 is vastly superior just down to compatibility.

Windows 7.

Also, I really don't ant to evoke a flame war here, but I personally dislike Ubuntu because it is very far from being remotely user-friendly.

Whats a good linux kernal?

Don't listen to mr. Applecigarette
Just get windows if you're going to play games

Get ubuntu for more costomization

If you want both dual boot it

Don't listen to mr. Applecigarette
Just get windows if you're going to play games

Get ubuntu for more costomization

If you want both dual boot it

Also, can't you run Ubuntu side by side with Windows? Like, use Windows, and use Ubuntu on the same comp?

Yeah, that's what dual booting is.

Also, can't you run Ubuntu side by side with Windows? Like, use Windows, and use Ubuntu on the same comp?
yes you can.

Ubuntu is better since I've heard it is more secure though. Its easy to get used to but windows is still better ui wise.

I use Zorin its a linux clone of windows.

Windows 7.

Also, I really don't ant to evoke a flame war here, but I personally dislike Ubuntu because it is very far from being remotely user-friendly.
I don't see how it isn't user friendly but thats your opinion. anyways since lots of people like windows because it is user friendly. just get ZorinOS if you wanna have a windows ui (if how everything is layed out).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 06:11:38 PM by Zacks »

Bullstuff you're not a fan boy. You came into a topic about Windows 7 vs. Ubuntu and spammed your little biased opinion on something completely unrelated, just because nobody mentioned your favorite little OS.

You're quite literally, the definition of, a fanboy.