Have you ever been to the hospital before?

Author Topic: Have you ever been to the hospital before?  (Read 4086 times)

i wish appendixes still worked
i want to eat leaves and fresh meat

except that the appendix is technically useless now, its primary function was holding some of the harder hitting digestive bacteria used to break down hardy plant matter and raw meat, but as time went on and our food became easier and easier to digest, we lost use of it, and its only purpose now is to potentially get life-threateningly infected.
There are some studies and hypothesies that suggest that the Appendix also works as a home for useful bacteria within the digestive tract, and houses and produces them.

But there's seemingly no harm whatsoever in not having an appendix, which is why it's safe to have them removed.

I've been to hospital to have a tonsilectomy at the age of 7.
And I think I probably went to hospital atleast once prior to this as a young child when I suffered from Tonsilitis a few times. Don't recall those, however.

I also went to Accident and Emergency when I cut my left hand on a glass at a restaurant.
I accidentally knocked a glass over with my right hand/arm and went to grab it with my left.
As it hit my left it shattered and cut into the top of my palm, just under my ring and middle finger.
I spent 4 hours waiting at Casualty for them to give me an x-ray to decide that there's no glass trapped in the cut and then have the skin glued.
Still have a scar from it.

And then 2 years ago I went to A&E again, after I twisted my right ankle and fell and landed on it in a game of tennis.
Did some damage to a ligament in the foot.
Had deep purple brusing all the way down the right-hand side of the foot, and the ankle got rather swollen.
Ended up with crutches which I used for a day before I found them too uncomfortable.
Was exceedingly painful to put any weight on the foot on the day that it happened, but it slowly got better over the course of 2 weeks.

I think everyone been to the hospital
since you're born in a hospital lol

yeah, I had problems to breath once

I think everyone been to the hospital
since you're born in a hospital lol

yeah, I had problems to breath once

Do you have asthma?

twice for broken arms
once stitches in back of head
once stitches
once appendectomy
once concussion

I was 8 at the time, at first i was like, meh, then 5 minuets latter i was screaming my head off.
Quite the virtuoso composer.
Care to share your pieces?

I went once when my brother had a seizure.

Also when I was born.

Holy crap, that's severe.
So you have no appendix now?
i am appendix-free, yes

When I was 9.
I first had Tourette's though and my parents noticed signs of it when I was 3, but didn't think it was bad (I used to twirl my fingers back then, click my tongue, etc). Parkinson's isn't likely to develop when you are a kid. I developed Parkinson's when my Tourette's exploded when I was 9.
How well controlled is your Parkinson's on medication? Do you know what stage you're in?

Yes, I was born at one.

If you've ever been born, then yes.
Aside from this than no.
Or that shower thing I told you of. Never went to the hospital for any decent reason.

Not for anything severe.

I got hit in the head by an airborne bike

one time as a kid, 10 years old i think
i was on the swings, and i went really high
i jumped off, and landed head first
it was so weird because i could literally hear my brain jiggling in the back of my head

so someone could literally say i landed on my head as a kid and be correct lol

it was so weird because i could literally hear my brain jiggling in the back of my head
;-;