Author Topic: on the left side of my laptop. It is boiling hot  (Read 16515 times)

i have noticed some of my games running slow. i figured the problem, its my laptop over heating. its boiling hot on the side of my laptop when im playing a game, its overheating but im pretty sure there are one of those things you put on the bottom of your laptop and it stops making it hot. another thing is its loving 22oc here in London, i hate it when it gets warm.

so how can i stop the side of my laptop overheating?

Check whether the fan is working

Youre probably gonna want to get one of those laptop fans that you put your computer on.

Youre probably gonna want to get one of those laptop fans that you put your computer on.
And since you said you're in london, I'll note that I got one in poundland.

Is the computer producing heat next to a vent?

If so, is the vent making a fan noise?

Also, a laptop-cooling pad would be a good investment.

it's likely that a cooling fan isn't working
a laptop-cooling pad would be a good investment

Nope this is all pretty standard for laptops, they get really hot and don't play games well.

Nope this is all pretty standard for laptops, they get really hot and don't play games well.
Not all laptops get hot and not all laptops don't play games well.

Although that is true for most of them.

i have noticed some of my games running slow. i figured the problem, its my laptop over heating. its boiling hot on the side of my laptop when im playing a game, its overheating but im pretty sure there are one of those things you put on the bottom of your laptop and it stops making it hot. another thing is its loving 22oc here in London, i hate it when it gets warm.

so how can i stop the side of my laptop overheating?

Open it up. Chances are that there's a big loaf of dust hanging on the vent.

I opened my laptop too due to overheating and saw a ton of dust. A gross lump of it. Once I took it out the laptop operated normally.

Put a box fan under your laptop
Oh and make sure you use ductape to keep it there

Carefully blow out any dust that may be stuck inside of the air vents. You may need to take the cover off of the bottom to do that.

Also note where you're actually putting your laptop.

If you have it rested, say, on your bed or on a cushion, or on the arm of a sofa, then be sure that the vents aren't covered up by the cushioning.
That'll stop the hot air from the laptop escaping, and it'll just sit there in the cushioning and will continue to heat up your laptop.

If you can use the laptop as such, place it on a hard flat surface, like a wooden table, or kitchen style counter. Something that isn't going to trap the heat of your laptop.

Open it up. Chances are that there's a big loaf of dust hanging on the vent.

I opened my laptop too due to overheating and saw a ton of dust. A gross lump of it. Once I took it out the laptop operated normally.
NEVER OPEN UP LAPTOPS

Unless you want the most pain in the loving ass job or reconnecting a million tiny ribbon cables.

Get a can of air and ream the thing out.

Unless you want the most pain in the loving ass job or reconnecting a million tiny ribbon cables.
Pfft it's not bad at all, when I took apart mine there was only a couple.
What's bad is when you break the adhesive and the laptop can barely hold itself together.

NEVER OPEN UP LAPTOPS

I opened one up and put it back together

in 2 days

its not really that hard...goddamn screws