Author Topic: PC case cooling  (Read 2034 times)

I have two fans not being used yet. Where should they go and in what direction? I'm seeing so many conflicting opinions on this.

heat rises so i would do the top one, not sure about the other

Your cable organization is almost as bad as mine.

They look bad, but that's about the best I can do. However, they aren't obstructing any airflow. They're smashed against the outsides.

New case, and water cooling. Go!

I'd put another intake at the top. You have 4 fans pulling air out, but only one intake.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 03:12:29 PM by dkamm65 »

If there was a spot to put one on the side of the case, I'd almost try to increase intake a little bit. There comes a point when you have too many output fans that want to suck in more air than the input fans are really providing, ergo completely negating the input fans. At least, I noticed that when I had 3 output fans an 1 input fan.

I'd put another intake at the top. You have 4 fans pulling air out, but only one intake.

Wouldn't that blow the hot air back down and keep it in the case?

If it comes from the front and top and blows out the back, it may work, but then again, it could just cyclone and keep warm air in...

If you're talking about heat rising, it doesn't make a difference. As long as you have a clear path for the air to travel, i.e. no "dead spots", it's fine.

My thinking is the top intake would be pulled directly through your CPU cooler, rather than all the way from the bottom. As it is now, it's not getting much air after the PSU and GPUs have had their fill. The fan at the top would be almost exclusively for the CPU, and the front intake would be pulled right through towards the PSU and GPUs.

Also, this would lessen the negative pressure inside the case and in turn, pull in less dust.

Have it suck the hot air out.
It's better to have low pressure in your case than high pressure, otherwise more heat will stay in your case.

Have it suck the hot air out.
It's better to have low pressure in your case than high pressure, otherwise more heat will stay in your case.

No.

Just no.

http://rog.asus.com/87672012/overclocking/positive-or-negative-pressure-cooling/

Bones do you have a fan intake on the bottom of of your case where the PSU is? If so you should flip your PSU upside down and let it independently cool itself (cold air being pulled in from under the case, then being exhausted out the back). Saves a lot of issues.

Also having a lot of intake from the front and bottom front, and exhaust at the top and rear top are pretty much ideal. Just work with that.

Door fans should be intake. heat rises, so door fans (lower down) should be pulling cold air in.