Why do some people think the plural for LEGO is LEGOS

Author Topic: Why do some people think the plural for LEGO is LEGOS  (Read 4079 times)

Well you wouldn't say boxes of cereals either would you.

are you only arguing for the sole sake of arguing because if so

Boxes of cereal.

Here's a better comparison:

Boxes of Matchboxes

You wouldn't say boxes of Matchbox, would you?

So if I fire up Blockland on a couple of computers and I'm playing on both, I am therefor playing Blocklands?

So if I fire up Blockland on a couple of computers and I'm playing on both, I am therefor playing Blocklands?

oh my god just stop

OP's logic makes me want to throw chairs out a window. Seriously; it's Legos because you are talking about multiple units (bricks) which someone already stated before earlier in this thread.

you're playing on multiple computers

are you only arguing for the sole sake of arguing because if so

No. I am arguing because all of these people that believe "lego bricks" to be the same as "legos" are ill educated.

No. I am arguing because all of these people that believe "lego bricks" to be the same as "legos" are ill educated.
you're playing on multiple computers

NO BECAUSE "BOXES" IS loving PLURAL.

Lego isn't even a word. It's a name brand, who cares how people say it?

I dont think legos fits that well

1: I have 40 legos.
2: I have 40 lego bricks.

Number 2 makes more sense. But still, you dont say lego if you have multiple lego bricks.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:48:21 PM by John Freeman »