Counter-Strike Kevlar Vest (With template armor!)

Author Topic: Counter-Strike Kevlar Vest (With template armor!)  (Read 9953 times)

rtb description:
Hey there, folks! Are you afraid of bullets? Terrified of explosions? Worried about terrorists? Then this item is for you!

Kevlar Vest is unique from other armor mods in that it doesn't simply divide damage dealt to you. It has it's own health! That's right, folks! Every time you get damaged, your armor absorbs most of it! It's as if you're carrying a hostage in front of you to take the gun fire!
It even has it's own sound effects!

And the best thing is, making your OWN armory is very simple and only requires basic knowledge! See for yourself in the script file!

So, what are you waiting for? Grab your Kevlar Vest TODAY!

mirror: download Kevlar_Vest from hostr.co
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 02:15:47 AM by Crystalwarrior »

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=225203.0

wasn't this already made
it's also just six pages away from the first one in the addon section, and also version two
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:39:29 PM by WhatTheEff._. »

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=225203.0

wasn't this already made
it's also just six pages away from the first one in the addon section, and also version two
That's okay, there's always room for more creative modelers and diversity. Now players will have even more body armor styles to choose from :)

Is this an item you put on?  I'm a bit confused.

Is this an item you put on?  I'm a bit confused.
Yeah. You get the item, equip it on yourself and you are granted with bulletproof vest.
The vest has 100 HP and it does let stuff to damage you, but the vest takes certain percentage of the damage.
If vest has zero HP, it basically breaks and you are left unprotected.

Is there a way to know when the vest breaks?

Is there a way to know when the vest breaks?
Yes, I do belive everytime you get shot you get a bottomprint of your armor's health.
I might have commented out that function, though. I don't quite remember :S

Just make a quiet noise everytime you take damage, maybe different depending on damage absorbed/vest HP, and have a loud breaking noise when stuff goes wrong.

Just make a quiet noise everytime you take damage, maybe different depending on damage absorbed/vest HP, and have a loud breaking noise when stuff goes wrong.
...have you actually tried the add-on?
That's exactly what it does so far.

Finally, a decent armor set that can actually do something and functionally takes damage for you, unlike most armors out there. :cookie: 5/5

Helmet/Varying vests?

Helmet/Varying vests?
I don't know how helmet would work, but varying vests is already planned.
If you don't want to wait, though, you can just go make your own armor models and add a few new datablocks in another add-on.
You know what, I'm going to make the "Your own armor using my system!" template add-on. Hold on.

EDIT: Okay here it is. https://hostr.co/z5gPRgqaN1Gi
This template add-on has an .ms3d of player's chest for you to build your armor on.
After you're done modelling your armor, you probably should remove the chest model.
If you have any questions, ask away.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 02:14:16 AM by Crystalwarrior »

So is the armor a visually noticeable object or is it just invisible like in Counter-Strike?

So is the armor a visually noticeable object or is it just invisible like in Counter-Strike?
It is visible. Check the RTB page for screenshots