Host Hider

Author Topic: Host Hider  (Read 2257 times)

A server mod that hides the host on the F2 player list and on the player count/limit, essentially making the host undetectable not holding a player slot.

Is this possible, and can someone make this?

This sounds like a bad idea, your server would be treated by players as a dedicated server with no players.

Plus; if I recall, Badspot kicked Kalphiter from the network in some way for loving with the values, stuff like 9999/9999 players.

This sounds like a bad idea, your server would be treated by players as a dedicated server with no players.

Plus; if I recall, Badspot kicked Kalphiter from the network in some way for loving with the values, stuff like 9999/9999 players.
i'm pretty sure hes aware of the fact that the server would be treated as if he ISN'T THERE considering he wants a mod that makes it so it appears he ISN'T THERE.

This would be nice, gives you the chance to ban all the trolls that are only waiting for the server to be admin-free to start trolling

I would very much like if this were created.

A server mod that hides the host on the player count/limit
You can't modify the player count since it's now based on a function instead of a variable.

A server mod that hides the host on the F2 player list
I don't think you can touch the player list. I may be wrong.

I wasn't kicked from anything; I was just told to stop.

That was someone else.

I don't think you can touch the player list. I may be wrong.
I'm pretty sure you can.

Ya but make it an option to hide just the host, just SA's, just admins, or any combination

Ya but make it an option to hide just the host, just SA's, just admins, or any combination
and also don't tell badspot how you bypassed his securecommandtoclient

securecommandtoclient
Is that just the way Badspot marks client/server commands that cannot be modified?

Is that just the way Badspot marks client/server commands that cannot be modified?
It's supposedly just a ClientCmd that the server can't call. Don't see why you wouldn't just use a regular function instead. Maybe it does just act like a regular function.

secureCommandToWhatever can only be called by the base scripts.

secureCommandToWhatever can only be called by the base scripts.
I'm assuming authentication uses this?

A mod that hides the host only on the F2 player list would work fine.
I want a way to monitor my server and be present without other players knowing I was there.