Author Topic: Hosting Problem  (Read 977 times)

Whenever I host, I always get an invalid packet or something, and I don't know what is causing it.
Here are two pictures, one of the entire page and the other of the window itself.

1:

2:

^^^That reads "[Invalid packet.(ghost registering object])"

Any help is appreciated.

likely a internet connection problem, dunno why. post your console.log please.

Please post your console log. If you don't know how, there is a guide in "Troubleshooting Tips/FAQ" at the top of this board.

Here:

Code: [Select]
Un-registering output event "changeDatablock" from class "Player"
Auth Init Successfull: Leon S. Kennedy
CADD: 20321 local
 +- bl_id = 20830
 +- AUTO SUPER ADMIN (ID same as host)
*** Sending mission load to client:
Posting to master server
Posting to rtb server
Slayer (Server): Sending Handshake: Leon S. Kennedy
NetConnection::ghostReadPacket - object failed to register! //right here
Connection error: Invalid packet.(ghost registering object). // right here
Activating package: VCE_Main

this is likely because of the crap-ons you have or internet connection.

Badspot

• Administrator
This is caused by some add-on doing something it's not supposed to.  Prime candidates are changing datablock values at run time or files with unexpected or bad values.  If anyone figures out exactly what add-on causes it, let me know and I'll investigate further. 

This is caused by some add-on doing something it's not supposed to.  Prime candidates are changing datablock values at run time or files with unexpected or bad values.  If anyone figures out exactly what add-on causes it, let me know and I'll investigate further. 

I think this is the prime suspect:
Code: [Select]
Un-registering output event "changeDatablock" from class "Player"somewhere in the console.log I noticed many arguments, so I think this is the result.

I have "Disable_Events" and I have disabled changeDatablock as to prevent further abuse.

I have "Disable_Events" and I have disabled changeDatablock as to prevent further abuse.

disable events add-on is abusive, isn't it?

disable events add-on is abusive, isn't it?
How would it be abusive?

"Tell me which add-on it is and I'll CRC ban it."

OP, you should update your copy of Slayer.

OP, you should update your copy of Slayer.
I have already done that, but some part of me thinks that what caused the problem.

I have already done that, but some part of me thinks that what caused the problem.

Doubtful. When does the error happen?

Doubtful. When does the error happen?
As soon as I load objects, it will lock me out of the server. I have looked on the list and tried to rejoin it, but it says "Sorry but you can't join server while hosting or in single player". I end up having to click 'Start a game' again and restarting, but then it seems to work after that.