2013/05/03 - We made it!

Author Topic: 2013/05/03 - We made it!  (Read 45649 times)

Why hold onto something you can't be bothered to deal with?
Because he's also working on updating it, that's one of the things he's busy with.

You have a lot more time on your hands than him (evidently, because you seem to have plenty of time to be a pest), because you're not working on a service and you have no customer support to deal with at all.

so like a grudge against someone or something?

so like a grudge against someone or something?
I mean, why would anyone hold onto something as silly as that?

Badspot

• Administrator
I have basically given up on custom technical assistance for people.  If their problem cannot be solved with a cut and paste answer or online tutorial then it cannot be solved.  Most people on earth simply do not have the writing ability or technical know-how to communicate the details of a computer problem via email or interpret instructions for resolving it.  If they do have the necessary skills then they're probably competent enough to solve the problem on their own and thus never email me. 

I have been ignoring "I lost my key and can't access my email account" messages for years now.  I've probably ignored over 1000.  I just can't handle it.  There's no way to identify people accurately without their original email address and it's just not my responsibility to keep track of your magic number for you.  Also a good 5% of them haven't lost their key but are in fact future delinquents trying their first social engineering scam. 

Incidentally, I would estimate that at least 10% of all email addresses have been hacked.  If you narrow it down to certain services like hotmail, we're probably talking about over 35%. 

More than one person has bought the game, filed a fraudulent unauthorized purchase claim with their bank, then sent enraged emails to me when their key is automatically deactivated and then continued to rage at me even after I explained that they have reversed payment and I do not have their money. 

People have purchased Blockland, played it for several years, then emailed me that they are bored of it and want a refund. 

Parents complain that I do not monitor and actively censor all chat in Blockland.  I silently weep for humanity as a I copy+paste my pre-written answer explaining how broad scale censorship of chat in Blockland is not technologically possible or desirable. 

Forum users email me that they don't know why they were banned, even though the reason is clearly displayed in red text at the top of the page.

Children email me threats and taunts as they worm their way up from online pariah to petty criminal. 

The "all mail" folder of my gmail account contains over 160,000 messages.

Sorry if I don't get back to you. 

Understandable. I think everyone would react that way.

Well, I see how understandable that is.

-snip-

Well, it's good to actually have an answer.
Suppose I'll just cradle key.dat preciously.

Well, it's good to actually have an answer.
Suppose I'll just cradle key.dat preciously.

What when you get a different computer/home network?

What when you get a different computer/home network?

He should store it on a USB and sites such as mediafire.

doesnt work like that

Sorry for emailing when I got banned.

So we have to pay for the RTB service to get a response from the RTB customer service? bwahaha that was funny

Perhaps you should become a customer of a service before you start using a customer service. lmao

In spite of all that, thanks for replying to the few pm's I've sent you. Sounds like it's a pain to deal with all that

The key.dat is salted (or something else) with the computer MAC (or name) and the network MAC (or SSID). Take or give a few, I'm not sure about the exact terms. Anyway, it becomes invalid when one or more of them change.

because when he does deal with it, nobody deals with it better than him.