2013/05/03 - We made it!

Author Topic: 2013/05/03 - We made it!  (Read 45635 times)

I do wish the community was better. You can't hardly talk without being made fun of.
Maybe we all get in a group, go to a bunch of servers with 2-3 players, then say stuff that blockland players always make fun of, but then when they make fun of us, we would have more players to back ourselves up. Then those players who bully might get a little afraid of that happening again and stop.
Just a thought.

Example:
Posting the same post, but like this.

Never mind that was actually a pretty bad example.

If you're afraid of getting bullied on the internet you should stop using your computer.
Also, how would going to peoples servers and annoy them make the community better?
We're not annoying them, we're saying stuff that gets people to make fun of you but in large groups, so when they try to bully us, we have a large group to back ourselves up. Because after that, they might think a large group would be there and just not say anything. It would only work on some people, but it's worth a shot.

For me, if you start bulling people on my server or be immature, it's an instant perma-ban. I just wish it was like this for all servers.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 05:47:49 PM by superdupercoolguy »

If you're afraid of getting bullied on the internet you should stop using your computer.

Also, how would going to peoples servers and annoy them make the community better?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 05:42:36 PM by Paradon »

I do wish the community was better. You can't hardly talk without being made fun of.
Maybe we all get in a group, go to a bunch of servers with 2-3 players, then say stuff that blockland players always make fun of, but then when they make fun of us, we would have more players to back ourselves up. Then those players who bully might get a little afraid of that happening again and stop.
Just a thought.

Example:
Posting the same post, but like this.

Never mind that was actually a pretty bad example.
We're not annoying them, we're saying stuff that gets people to make fun of you but in large groups, so when they try to bully us, we have a large group to back ourselves up. Because after that, they might think a large group would be there and just not say anything. It would only work on some people, but it's worth a shot.

For me, if you start bulling people on my server or be immature, it's an instant perma-ban. I just wish it was like this for all servers.

Maybe the reason people "Bully" people like that is because new people sometimes act like no-brained jackasses.
Using horrible grammar and making handicapped jokes.

And on a side note, then it turns out that those people are younger kids, and their really annoying to deal with, I think we should be trying to attract more mature players than younger players.

Just a thought.
You're acting like this only happens in Blockland.

I do wish the community was better-

So your the guy who rated Blockland 3 stars..

-snip-
I don't really have anything to say in this conversation and this is kind of unrelated: Please people, stop quoting people from below you and putting them in posts above, this makes conversations really loving confusing, the pages are intended to be read from top to bottom, not top to half way and then back to the top and to the bottom.

I don't really have anything to say in this conversation and this is kind of unrelated: Please people, stop quoting people from below you and putting them in posts above, this makes conversations really loving confusing, the pages are intended to be read from top to bottom, not top to half way and then back to the top and to the bottom.
i view the entire forum in reverse, so that can't even apply to me. :s

At least he was fairly mature about it. That's honestly the least we can expect from people who play this game

this. i honestly expected random kids to spam bad reviews like these:

WOW THIS GAME SUCKS DO NOT BUY!!!!! PEOPLE WILL snake AND THE GAME DOESNT HAVE DIAMONDS OR CREEPERS AND ITS BORING AND IT DOESNT HAVE GRAPHICS.............BUY MINECRAFT OR PLAY ROBLOX BECAUSE THAT SFREEEEEEE................... .........

There's a "Report Abuse" button that will get rid of them

I'm pretty sure they filter reviews, like any online retailer.

There's a "Report Abuse" button that will get rid of them
Are you honestly sure that that method will always considerably work?

I hope badspot puts up his block party up again soon.

>the community as a con.

Yeah, it's like every community. Want to know why Blockland's community is like every other community? Because we're all people who participate in more than one community. And no matter who joins and who quits, it seems to always be 'a bad community'. This is because these people are coming and going to and from other communities, which are the exact same. The only difference is the rules. Take a second look at any other community. You will see the same 'bad eggs' as you see in this community, as well as the good people. What's the difference? The number of people. That's all.

admit it, our community is stuff

lol why would you deny it

all the new players getting trashed on, people who are blatantly rude are getting all the respect, people thinking we are the best humans ever and anyone who likes other things are getting trashed on, people thinking that you should know everything about blockland when you join, people who hate the name "blockhead" and rage at them instead of asking to change their name, people raging at people who ask questions that can be answered simply, people worshiping badspot thinking he is the god of the world or something, people who rage at people who are new to the internet, etc.

while I wouldn't say this community is the worst in the world, it definitely isn't as friendly as your average :\
on the forums at least, not as much on the game (it's better that than the other way around!)

admit it, our community is stuff

lol why would you deny it

all the new players getting trashed on, people who are blatantly rude are getting all the respect, people thinking we are the best humans ever and anyone who likes other things are getting trashed on, people thinking that you should know everything about blockland when you join, people who hate the name "blockhead" and rage at them instead of asking to change their name, people raging at people who ask questions that can be answered simply, people worshiping badspot thinking he is the god of the world or something, people who rage at people who are new to the internet, etc.
that's all you experienced lol

apart from the drama hunger trolls and some weird megathreads (cough mlp, drawings and special interest cough) its nice