Author Topic: Missing textures in GMod?  (Read 672 times)

Whenever I go into a multiplayer server there is always some textures that are replaced with the purple/black checkers. Also I get the "ERROR" model on some items. This happens in nearly every server I go in. Is there a fix for this or do I have to manually download all this stuff?

You download the stuff.
Another thing is, what source games do you have.

Do you have CSS?
I do.
You download the stuff.
Another thing is, what source games do you have.
I have portal, TF2, CSS. Do I need something else?

I do.I have portal, TF2, CSS. Do I need something else?
The Half Life 2 series is also among the many used source games. I would recommend getting those.

Also do as the below user said, I kind of assumed that you had them already enabled.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 03:47:11 PM by Alyx Vance »

I do.I have portal, TF2, CSS. Do I need something else?
are they activated in the game menus? Because gmod has to access the files and cannot do so without you selecting the option. Its like the addon system for blockland.

Get the valve complete pack than you wont have another error again

Get the valve complete pack than you wont have another error again
Unless there is an addon he doesn't have.

The Half Life 2 series is also among the many used source games. I would recommend getting those.
I thought GMod came with all the HL2 stuff.
are they activated in the game menus? Because gmod has to access the files and cannot do so without you selecting the option. Its like the addon system for blockland.
Yes they are all activated.
Unless there is an addon he doesn't have.
I can't just download the files from the addons when I join like in Blockland?

I thought GMod came with all the HL2 stuff.
Only the first one, none of the other Half Life 2s, that includes Deathmatch too

I can't just download the files from the addons when I join like in Blockland?
There's a download option in the Multiplayer tab of the Options menu, but that's set to 'Allow all custom files from the server' by default, i don't think it can download stuff that's from the workshop, only if they're non-workshop stuff i guess
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 03:52:54 PM by Masterlegodude »

Most addon stuff will be downloaded, not all. Also Garry's Mod only has Half Life 2 stuff, not EP1 or EP2.