I'm considering donating to a Garry's Mod server. [donated]

Author Topic: I'm considering donating to a Garry's Mod server. [donated]  (Read 2534 times)

I am considering donating ~15$ to a Garry's Mod server, but I can't make a decision because I am conflicted. So I need help deciding to do it or not.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 03:44:45 PM by Operator¹ »

To host a decent Gmod server, just find someone with a decent PC around here and host it. Make sure their internet speed is decent.

To host a decent Gmod server, just find someone with a decent PC around here and host it. Make sure their internet speed is decent.
I don't want to host a Gmod server.

I don't want to host a Gmod server.
So you just want to donate to someone for a server that is already running?

So you just want to donate to someone for a server that is already running?
yea for donatr stats and cul noclip

I must say, it really depends on two things:
1 (Most important) - How well do you enjoy the server? What type of server is it?
2 - What are the offers?

If it's some DarkRP server and it's $15 for just "cul nocleep", not worth it
If it's HL2RP and it's offering operator or flags, then yeah it would be worth it, but the main one of all is;

How well do you enjoy the server? Do you really want to donate to it?

I once donated $60 to a HL2RP server and got OP, as well as infinite custom models from TnB, plus flags.

You shouldn't donate to a server for rewards, you should donate to it because you like it.

Huh, I don't quite like that Duration time, but you may get extremely bored of it after about a month so yeah, that sounds fair, and hopefully they get the unlimited OOC made before you get bored of it. But yeah, that sounds fair for petr flags.

Huh, I don't quite like that Duration time, but you may get extremely bored of it after about a month so yeah, that sounds fair, and hopefully they get the unlimited OOC made before you get bored of it. But yeah, that sounds fair for petr flags.
I don't think it would be an issue for me to have to pay 15 dollars again in 2 years

edit: I donated to the server, thanks for the input guys.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 03:44:27 PM by Operator¹ »