Author Topic: Bot/Hole bot events  (Read 1042 times)

Both mods have things that make them awesome and unique, but when I need both to complete a story or a fps campaign (something people don't do NEARLY enough with this game) i can't just switch and keep everything. Sure bot events is more specific and stuff but when bots start attacking, they forget ANY movement you've commanded them to do! The reason being that marking the boolean true for 'BotAttackTeam" (or something) already marks out their movement and defies any movement you assign them to do.
What makes bot events better than hole bots is it's flexibility, which enables the bots to be used with any event other than the ones assigned by the creator. There are also the combat specific events like Onbotkill-victim,OnbotKilled - killer, and OnbotDamage - victim. There's even a corpse event! All of that is missing from bot holes and it's difficult to do anything cool and unique without them.

What makes bot holes better is the fact that bots are WAY smarter when attacking. They can open doors, windows, and will strafe away from bullets while shooting with improved accuracy. It's extremely fun on its own and I can even get a bot to follow me without stopping to attack an enemy without returning. The variety for the team events are also fun and simple to fiddle around with. (not saying bot events isn't simple, cause it is) The problem with it is that I can't apply other events to hole bots other than the ones programmed (or whatever) with it. That really saps the fun a little and I'd be extremely happy if that could be brought back. And  I ASSURE you that many others would be happy too. For instance, i can't get a bot to play a sound or detect another bots physical contact, or use the relative velocity event and etc! It could be SO much better although it's already good! Perhaps a combination could help? Or add-on events like the new damage and edit Apperance events? I'm no programmer and only half-arsed a beginners java class two years ago in highschool. I've no idea how difficult it is, but if the two creators could talk a bit and combine their events, it would be awesome for everyone. Or not. I dunno. Doing that may make it crash servers or something. Just a hunch I got. But they're freakin' geniuses. They can work around it!  >: )

So yeah. That's my request. The suggestion & request description said I'd get nothing for this, but why not try?

Oh yeah, just a warning: I'm extremely stupid. I don't understand program specific talk or terms used by the awesome geeks around here. I've been playing the game since 2006, but I don't study it. I just play it. I paid 25 bucks for it, so i try to have fun with it. For my family, that isn't pocket change. That's, "You better play it or I'll whip you skinless!" money.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 03:06:12 PM by jackrobbman »

Edit: Woops, didn't read all of it, was assuming you were asking about what I asked.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 07:13:18 PM by gr8dayseth »

I'm happy with bot holes simply because people have already taken the time to make add-ons for it.  We have some of the flexibility of old bots already because of events that have been transferred to it. 

That's just my take on it anyway. 

Transferred to it? how do you mean? Do you mean the add-ons that they're starting to make for it or do you actually mean that we can go to the bot events folder and do some programmy stuff to combine them?