Author Topic: "USB Device Not Recognized" - This is REALLY bugging me.  (Read 2354 times)

Okay, so about, since May 7th or somewhere around that, I dunno, a long time ago, this little popup box out of nowhere started saying "USB Device Not Recognized. One of the USB devices attatched to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message." I have and it just shows a little list of the USB device ports and all, but it shows no help at all and all it does is keep the popup from coming up.

I've unplugged everything and it still pops up, even the charger, I even blew into all of the USB devices while they were unplugged and to no avail.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 10:22:30 PM by Decepticon »

:o
You should either ask for a refund/replacement or buy a new one...

:o
You should either ask for a refund/replacement or buy a new one...
ugh
the reason I got stuck with this laptop is because for christmas my grandma asked Staples for the best video card they have, and they gave us this HD Intel Graphics Family laptop for like $1000

It's good, actually, but it can't run GTA IV at the lowest of settings without the streets and some buildings disappearing and lags at medium settings for CoD:WaW

I think the real problem is that you have a huge black circle on your screen.

ugh
the reason I got stuck with this laptop is because for christmas my grandma asked Staples for the best video card they have, and they gave us this HD Intel Graphics Family laptop for like $1000

It's good, actually, but it can't run GTA IV at the lowest of settings without the streets and some buildings disappearing and lags at medium settings for CoD:WaW
aka not good
check if you have a warranty

Did you already try restarting the computer?
What about disabling Legacy USB backwards compatibility through the BIOS (if possible?)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 01:18:11 AM by KoopaScooper »

Try updating drivers?

I had this happen before, I got it working somehow but can't quite remember right now. If it comes to me I'll tell you.
Restarting is a temporary fix however.

Why would you go to a office supply store for a gaming laptop

bump
I think I found out what was happening
whenever I tried using my mic in Gmod, nobody could hear me
whenever I tested my mic on Steam, no sound went into it at all
my mic is one of those that are attatched to the laptop kind-of-things
Try updating drivers?
sorry if I sound like a complete dumbass at this, but how exactly do I update my drivers again? i haven't really paid attention to them for a few months now and that could be why

What OS do you use? If Windows I can help.

Bump, I have the solution OP.

I had to deal with this a very long time ago, I found out that the source of this happening has to do with the Microsoft System Kernel starting to go corrupt.

You have to re-install whatever version of windows you have, and by that I mean a clean install.
Back up the stuff you want on something.

What OS do you use? If Windows I can help.
One of the USB devices attatched to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.
how dod read

I had to deal with this a very long time ago, I found out that the source of this happening has to do with the Microsoft System Kernel starting to go corrupt.
What does this even mean? If the kernel was relatively corrupted, either it would use the failsafe version, or the OS wouldn't boot.

Why is everybody suggesting he get his computer checked out when the error obviously says that one of his USB devices has gone bad?

how dod read
What does this even mean? If the kernel was relatively corrupted, either it would use the failsafe version, or the OS wouldn't boot.
Happened to me after I saved my computer from another Zero Access Rootkit, it depends on what is corrupt sometimes its just a false alarm.

It could always be your motherboard is failing, USB ports start malfuntioning when the Motherboard starts failing.
Or sometimes USB ports aren't getting enough power, meaning signs of a failing power supply.

Happened to me after I saved my computer from another Zero Access Rootkit, it depends on what is corrupt sometimes its just a false alarm.

It could always be your motherboard is failing, USB ports start malfuntioning when the Motherboard starts failing.
Or sometimes USB ports aren't getting enough power, meaning signs of a failing power supply.

ok now you're just making stuff up

I think the real problem is that you have a huge black circle on your screen.

this