Response/Discussion to Filipe's V22 Blockland Update Video

Author Topic: Response/Discussion to Filipe's V22 Blockland Update Video  (Read 3351 times)

Filipe posted a video about a new menu concept for Blockland (he stated in the end this could be V22 or something). I don't think a lot of us have thought in a re-design of the Blockland Menu's simply because it still looks pretty good and works, however if you think about it, the UIs are a bit outdated (not including the new "Start a Game" UI). I understand some may want to keep the UIs for nostalgia feelings or because many still like them but I think its sort of time we changed...maybe I still don't even know.

I like the idea of everything in the video except for the "Join a game" UI, its far too tiny and doesn't give enough information, it should be stretched out more and the pictures and titles should be smaller to have more servers on a page. (I understand its just a concept)

What do you guys think? (Video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0tLegwYDiU

Looks pretty neat to me.

I'm not one to like change, but this is really nice.

It does look really nice, but it would take some serious effort to change the GUI's to something like that.

I want vehicle physics first.

I would still want to have the screenshot slideshow as the background for the main menu.
Also if Badspot wanted to do something like this it would probably be in his best interest to write new GUI controls/commands into the actual engine to make the tweens and such more optimized than using something like schedules. That would take some time.

i dont really like it, its kind of a bit too plain and doesn't really fit blockland's atmosphere imo

I would love for this to be the new menu.

aside for the joining game screen, seems p cool to me.

i think the moving clouds just make it. add that in and i would just HHHHNG

It looks like it's on an i-Pad, with all the app-sized icons and such

servers screen sucks because of the super tiny list and servers with absolutely no info, gamemodes list is ok but i hate scrolling through apps like that

I like the main menu, but the clouds make me love it.

Yeah I agree the join game menu is small, I could make it bigger, and replace the scrolling thing on the gamemodes with a list like the one on the current menu but with better looking stuff
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 11:23:40 PM by Filipe »

I'm kinda scared about how RTB would fit lol

someone make this a GUI edit for now