7 (0.8%)
Camel
12 (1.3%)
DeadFur
18 (1.9%)
Human
352 (38%)

Total Members Voted: 923

Author Topic: Furry Megathread - Furry Things Here  (Read 4480798 times)

E621/E926 links are not bannable as long as the images are sfw.

especially e926 considering that site is exclusively for SFW content

im sorry lol i'm not used to this kinda pressure please be patient with me

fixed both

im sorry lol i'm not used to this kinda pressure please be patient with me

fixed both
ur cool, we appreciate what you're doin

I didn't know if e926 was bannable, but I'll include both and I'll fix the issue you're stating give me a moment
E926 is only images rated safe, and i don't think there's anyway to get to anything NSFW from there, so it should be fine... maybe...?

But on that note, isn't Fur Affinity technically risky? It shows only SFW stuff if you're not logged in, but that site still has NSFW stuff on it nonetheless

Technically Deviant Art is a similar case, but if you are logged in, and of age, i think the worst you'll see is some lady nips or a vagina, but nothing actually loveual

you should add this picture to the op i like it

Technically Deviant Art is a similar case, but if you are logged in, and of age, i think the worst you'll see is some lady nips or a vagina, but nothing actually loveual
well you see you must've never browsed deviantart with the mature filter off
that's a loving terrible experience

also if you're looking for websites just stick with FA, the worst you can really find on there are sfw special interestes from what I've seen

Furry Megathread
Definition / Art / Resources / Credit

What's furry?
The furry fandom is a subculture interested in fictional anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics. Examples of anthropomorphic attributes include exhibiting human intelligence and facial expressions, the ability to speak, walk on two legs, and wear clothes. Furry fandom is also used to refer to the community of people who gather on the Internet and at conventions.

The furry genre (sometimes referred to as a meta-genre) is based on the idea of fantasy animal characters, rather than any one type of fiction. Any title in any form of media can be considered relative to the furry genre simply by having a fantasy animal character in it. Such characters are most often seen in cartoons, comics, science fiction, allegorical novels, Gothic horror movies, commercials and video games.

Outside the fandom, the most common term used to describe such characters is anthropomorphic (a word derived from the Greek; Anthropos Morphe, literally meaning Human Form). Those within the fandom prefer the term furry - hence the name furry fandom. Other terms for these types of characters are funny animal, talking animal, or kemono in Japan, although each of these has subtle differences in meaning.

Art - Now with proper credit! (highlight to view)

Resources

Additional
If you don't want your art piece shown in the OP or thread, please email me at (will include here) or if you want something changed for your credit please let me know. If you want to be added or removed from the list of forum furs please PM me.

Credit
  • Fancypants - For the idea on formatting the art, you didn't really directly help me but I liked how you formatted previously
  • Me - OP
  • VinnyTheGuy - Previous OP
anything else that needs to be fixed? I think everything is settled. edit gotta fix the title real quick will do

when I post it you guys can post art and I'll add em for the first few pages
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 06:55:03 PM by Nal »

Link some artists' blogs maybe?
Other than that, looks pretty good. Is the art gonna be changed at any point? If it isn't I find it a tad odd to put in the OP.

Link some artists' blogs maybe?
Other than that, looks pretty good. Is the art gonna be changed at any point? If it isn't I find it a tad odd to put in the OP.
I fixed the title problem and I'll add them with a [url], one moment

why is art in the OP a bad thing? they're examples
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 06:37:54 PM by Nal »

Is the art gonna be changed at any point? If it isn't I find it a tad odd to put in the OP.
They could serve as examples

I don't know if the whole "list of furries" thing is even necessary

I don't know if the whole "list of furries" thing is even necessary
it really isn't

I mean half the list either aren't active anymore, or suddenly decided they're not furry anymore.
Plus lots of people (like me!) who never opted to be on the list.

I say people can just look at who's frequently posting in the thread

notes: I'm not going to include loveuality unless you guys want me to, but this is me building off the OP at its current state
if guys want it removed then here's a poll for it
https://www.strawpoll.me/13136658
I mean half the list either aren't active anymore, or suddenly decided they're not furry anymore.
Plus lots of people (like me!) who never opted to be on the list.

I say people can just look at who's frequently posting in the thread
yeah that's fair, if people want it there then I'll remove you from it

I'm kind of indifferent to it, I didn't remove it because the OP originally had it so yeah. I'm leaning against it because people could use it to target others
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 06:45:17 PM by Nal »