Scrolls - Open Beta!

Author Topic: Scrolls - Open Beta!  (Read 522 times)

(Click to go to the website)

What is Scrolls?

Scrolls is a sort of strategic board-based trading card game, what is somewhat similar to other classic card games such as Yu-Gi-Oh, or the Pokemon card system. In the game, you may build a custom deck (with a faction of either Growth, Energy, or Order) in which you can present to the hex-based game board to out-wit your foes. Each move must be carefully planned, as a successful game can quickly turn into a very punishing and surprising loss.

Links

Buy Scrolls
How to Play

Media
(Click to enlarge)

Discuss strategies, matches, decks, matches, factions, etc.

Am i the only one who thinks this game is only popular because its coming from the creators of Minecraft?

looks more like a TBS game

Am i the only one who thinks this game is only popular because its coming from the creators of Minecraft?
No.

i mean come on. its that table top stuff that was gay to begin with.

You aren't alone.

It has a great popularity boost since it comes from Mojang.
Doesn't mean it can be entertaining.
When i heard of this, i thought it sounded okay.
And now i've seen some gameplay, i still think it is okay.
Might not be the most awesome game ever.
But surely a good timewaster or just for having duels with friends every once in a while. :)

I mean, if it was for the big M on the front, i would've been interested in Cobalt too.
But after seeing some gameplay, i don't really like it.
I did see something slightly interesting about it a bit ago with getting into suits and shooting lasers.
But that is about it. :D

Tl;Dr Yes, it indeed gets more attention because of the whole Mojang, but that doesn't mean it is a bad game.
Games by other popular developers also get more attention from fans from these developers.
It is how it works.
You guys are also fan of almost everything Badspot makes. >:)