Loading Saves should be logged/registered

Author Topic: Loading Saves should be logged/registered  (Read 688 times)

Logs are already kept (I think) when someone loads a save to the server or something. Basically, there should be a GUI that shows the name, brickcount, and whoever loaded the save whenever a save gets loaded (similar to how the "Clear bricks" GUI works).

There are many benefits to this such as, being able to remove a specific save file without having to clear all bricks and then re-load that one save, being able to track who loaded what save as well as discovering how many bricks the save has without having to go into the console.

A major benefit is that add-ons can be written to have automatic removal/loadup of certain saves (loadup can be done already no?), what I mean by this is you could have a save called Lobby where all players are kept in a room, and then have a save such as Map1 loaded up and then removed after a gametype or round finishes and then have another save load up such as Map2 while still keeping everyone in a Lobby (not running around on the ground) and remember this could be done all automatically. This would be a HUGE benefit for servers running Minigames because it would allow them to have a lot of maps without reaching the brickcount and/or having a lot of bricks and not depend on an admin/moderator to load up maps for the game to actually be playable.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 01:18:57 AM by Altiris »

Logs are already kept (I think) when someone loads a save to the server or something. Basically, there should be a GUI that shows the name, brickcount, and whoever loaded the save whenever a save gets loaded (similar to how the "Clear bricks" GUI works).
Just to be clear: do you mean in the console?

This wouldn't be too demanding to make, and I like the idea

If someone could be able to make this, it would be amazing. /support

Just to be clear: do you mean in the console?
The thing about loading being logged I am referring to the console, I do believe it states "user is upload a save" which would also get saved in the server log Blockland has (BL does have one right, I can't remember for some odd reason). As for te GUI, I mean a GUI in the admin Menu. Clear bricks should be renamed to Bricks and then have the tabs "Clear bricks" and "Saves"...doesn't seem very organized the way I am thinking of.