Wtf is wrong with my internet?

Author Topic: Wtf is wrong with my internet?  (Read 1878 times)

So all of a sudden my download speed is stuff.

Speedtest.net gives me this:

However, I''m currently downloading starmade:

Anyone have any idea? This is pissing me off..

Your download speed isnt bad at all...

i think he's talking about how the thing is downloading at 18.1KB a second

That, and my browsing is as slow as hell as well.

I have the same problem too, i'll have 1 MB/s on speedtest but on Steam my download speed is only something like 240 kb/s

Do you not realize your speeds for certain things are allocated? Steam is only allocated so much bandwidth

I didn't have this problem before, Firefox/IE used to download at ~2mbps

I didn't have this problem before, Firefox/IE used to download at ~2mbps
It also depends where you're downloading the file from, sites can throttle the speed you're downloading it at.

It also depends where you're downloading the file from, sites can throttle the speed you're downloading it at.
yeah this is another thing to keep in mind

It could be that the download site's speed is really slow or it's getting swamped by people, not much you can do in that case.

Asfka ninja'd
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 06:10:30 PM by zackin5 »

Megabtis are like 8 of them makes a megabyte so you should be getting two. That's odd what isp do you use?

i think he's talking about how the thing is downloading at 18.1KB a second
That's my usual speed.

I have the same problem too, i'll have 1 MB/s on speedtest but on Steam my download speed is only something like 240 kb/s
you need to up the speed under settings>downloads

Megabtis are like 8 of them makes a megabyte so you should be getting two. That's odd what isp do you use?

Comcast

Comcast
If you have been living in illinois, I've been getting the same problem too. My speeds are normal and than they get really bad. It will end soon hopefully