Do Variables save between Dedicated Servers?

Author Topic: Do Variables save between Dedicated Servers?  (Read 574 times)

If you have more than one Dedicated server up, do player variables save between them?

they can, if you script it to

More specifically,

Is VCE able to?

It depends I would think.
Are you running 2 dedicated servers from the same folder? Or are they seperated.

If they're running from the same folder, then I think the VCE_saveVariable and VCE_loadVariable would both read and write to the same file on both servers. Otherwise you'd probbaly have to use a 3rd-party script to do that.
On Linux you'd just do a symbolic link and call it a day, but I'm not sure about Windows.

I'm talking about a minimum of 5-6 servers up holding somewhere up to 700 separate variables..
If it only needs to be in the same folder, thats good news.

but would it update in real time or only when the server is closed/opened?

I'm talking about a minimum of 5-6 servers up holding somewhere up to 700 separate variables..
If it only needs to be in the same folder, thats good news.
you should NEVER host multiple servers from the same folder.

but would it update in real time or only when the server is closed/opened?

I'm not sure at this point.

you should NEVER host multiple servers from the same folder.

When what am I to do?

When what am I to do?
TheBlackParrot mentioned symbolic links on Linux. This guide tells you how to do them on Windows: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

So link the folders where saved variables are located in each of your Blockland installations to one, central folder.

First of all, use the -profilePath parameter so that each of your servers has a different directory. Then do what Doom said above.