Author Topic: Women to fight in America's elite military units  (Read 11249 times)

obviously there will be rare exceptions, but i'm talking about the average woman.
But there aren't going to be average women in the elites. That's kind of the point of elite units; everyone in them is extremely good at what they do.

If they can't get into the actual armed forces fairly, how is this a good idea? Hell, the two female marines that made it through basic failed their finals iirc.

yall some iggnorant boys, who gives a forget if women are allowed into the military, if a woman can make it past whatever training is required for a SOF role she is fit to be SOF, if she can't then she isn't fit and that's it. The military does not care about accommodation, they do not want women or men to serve as SOF, they want warriors and thats it.

we aren't going to see women in the military for the purpose of political correctness or to appease certain groups, the military wants combat effectiveness, not positive PR
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:51:39 AM by chaseyqurt »

How can you rely on a woman to carry 320 pounds 50 or even 100 yards?
Are you loving serious, piss off, Rave.

...a woman would have to carry 80 pounds of gear on her back, 80 pounds of gear on my back, and my 160 pound body, totaling for a whopping 320 pounds.  How can you rely on a woman to carry 320 pounds 50 or even 100 yards? ...obviously there will be rare exceptions, but i'm talking about the average woman.
ppfFFFFFFFFFT
there's a reason they're called "elite" military units
the average woman won't get into an elite military unit
dfuk are you smoking

yall some iggnorant boys, who gives a forget if women are allowed into the military, if a woman can make it past whatever training is required for a SOF role she is fit to be SOF, if she can't then she isn't fit and that's it. The military does not care about accommodation, they do not want women or men to serve as SOF, they want warriors and thats it.

we aren't going to see women in the military for the purpose of political correctness or to appease certain groups, the military wants combat effectiveness, not positive PR
That's the catch. The test cases have had 100% failure rates.

ppfFFFFFFFFFT
there's a reason they're called "elite" military units
the average woman won't get into an elite military unit
dfuk are you smoking
yes but that particular example happens a lot in common units as well

the sole existence of a corporation is profit for the owner, and hiring less qualified employees hinders that, but there are still laws in place to force people to hire minorities.

If a woman is actually good enough to get into an elite military unit then she deserves to be in it.

Ability in combat > ability to carry hundreds of pounds

off topic: since when is chaseyqurt back?

That's the catch. The test cases have had 100% failure rates.
there is no catch, when they pass they pass and that's it, the only people who become soldiers are people fit enough to be soldiers, and get the fuk outta here with 100% failure rates, don't bust out stupid stuff statistics like that unless you have a legitimate source.

the sole existence of a corporation is profit for the owner, and hiring less qualified employees hinders that, but there are still laws in place to force people to hire minorities.
this is the military dofus not a corporation lol

If there's one thing I would not like having a woman be the one carrying the MG lol.

there is no catch, when they pass they pass and that's it, the only people who become soldiers are people fit enough to be soldiers, and get the fuk outta here with 100% failure rates, don't bust out stupid stuff statistics like that unless you have a legitimate source.
this is the military dofus not a corporation lol
They don't pass. They haven't passed. I don't see them passing unless the actual physicality of basic and other trials are reduced. I am not loveist, I'm realist. They are not built the same way men are. They well not be more athletic. Even our champion athletes show this.

What's more is the psychological impact. Sure seeing a dead human isn't good, imagine seeing one you've bonded with over the past few months to years. Now imagine them being female and you probably being slightly attracted to them(another issue). They're there in front of you bleeding to death on the ground, maybe missing a limb or more. Armchair warrior or actual veteran, that will damage you. Male or female.

Still completely ignoring the point and not providing any sort of reference for your claims. The baseline will not be reduced to accommodate for women. The military doesn't work in this fashion, the military does not want to waste lives, if you are a liability in the field the military isn't going to let you go out on the field.

I don't really even understand the point you're trying to make with the second thing, war is hell and everyone knows it, no one goes into combat without the expectation of seeing some horrific things. Military service is voluntary in the United States, no one is forcing unfit women into combat, no one is being shoved into combat who does not want to or who can not handle it. A voluntary service like the military should be open to people of all genders, religion, and race. The make of the person does not matter, the only thing that matters is whether they can get the job done or not.

simplest terms possible since ur dumb - women dont have 2 fight but if they are capable why stop them