Author Topic: Women to fight in America's elite military units  (Read 11243 times)

a helmet that offers full balistic protection is not practical, if it were we would have one

Eh, I knew the kinetic force would hurt regardless, though I don't know how truly effective Kevlar is. I know it isn't some magical bullet proof armor though.
kevlar is a thing of the past, we don't use kevlar anymore it's just the common name that people associate with any sort of bullet stopping material. most components of the US Armed forces use ceramic Small Arms Protective Insert (plates) inside of a myriad of plate carriers

The LWH is kinda lame because the cut is as akward as the PASGT. Ops-Core Helmets and Mich 2002 are much cooler but only necessary for operators and leadership

The MICH and ACH are ugly and look stupid to me. If I am wearing a LWH I know I will be better covered than the guy with a the ach. Wait a minute, I remember you as being an army guy. I'm more of a Marine guy.

All that matters is that flight suits are the best.

Joke's on you pal
I know that is a mauser, but a mosin nagant was used earlier in that documentary

no it has nothing to do with that
it was just a stupid thing to say in general lol

But hey, now people who read that post now know helmets aren't totally bullet proof.

yeah
obviously not against a HIGH POWERED RIFLE ROUND

entire topic is now about modern combat armor and ballistics

Joining the armed forces nowadays is pretty dumb.

There are some exceptions like college tuition, but we aren't even at war, so why do we need the worlds strongest military by such a large margin?

There are some exceptions like college tuition, but we aren't even at war, so why do we need the worlds strongest military by such a large margin?
youre kidding right?

Afghanistan?

yeah
obviously not against a HIGH POWERED RIFLE ROUND
7.62x39mm can pierce the helmets which is fired from the SKS, AK47, AKM, and various AK clones(all of which are used by several countries, freedom fighters/terrorists/rebels, and the Taliban).
See for yourself

Afghanistan?
Which is winding down to a year.

7.62x39 pffff
7.62x54 is like totally better.

7.62x39mm can pierce the helmets which is fired from the SKS, AK47, AKM, and various AK clones(all of which are used by several countries, freedom fighters/terrorists/rebels, and the Taliban).
See for yourself

uh
...okay?
i- forget it i didn't say anything

good job except for

um.
If I recall correctly helmets aren't meant to stop bullets, they're meant to stop shrapnel. Sure you'll be better protected from a glancing bullet than you would be without a helmet, but if one is headed right at you you're dead.

At least that's what i remember being told, might be wrong.