Author Topic: SPO's Gravebreak [HOSTING NOW]  (Read 17019 times)

About
Gravebreak is an open world survival based zombie RPG. Yeah, there are a ton of these on Blockland. We are aiming for a quality one, though. It will have a custom mod and aims to be similar to DayZ's ruthless clone, WarZ, which has recently been renamed to Infestation: Survivor Stories, which I guess is good. This is mainly about exploring an open world, finding supplies and weaponry to survive, kill zombies, and most importantly, avoid or violently murder other players. In the map, there will about one main town which will hold most likely the best loot. There will be maybe two different farms in which carry medium grade loot and good defensive spots. There may also be some random houses or rest stops like gas stations around the map that carry low grade loot like food and maybe some weak melee weapons.

Your best bet in this server is to find a good melee weapon that suffices for taking out about two zombie at a time. Ammo will be extremely rare, as well as guns. Guns are best used to take out other players, as other players have 100 health and zombies only have 50. Food and Drinks are key, as there are hunger and thirst bars that go down if you do not eat food or drink any liquids. There is also sprinting, but the stamina bar can run out quickly. You can rely on sprint getting you out of sticky situations, but it is not that great for traveling.

What about the mod?
The mod is being created by Wrapperup with an inventory GUI and many other features. The modeling is done by Mr. Nobody, and I will be coding the items he models. A list of models being made are below. We are using H&K for guns.

Melee Weapons
Number = First number is the strength rating. Second is chance of item spawning -- 2x2 Melee Spawn

Baseball Bat 1.5 -- 45/100
Metal Baseball Bat 2 30/100
Machete 5 2/100
Flashlight 1 60/100
Hammer 4 15/100
Wrench 3 20/100
Canoe Paddle 2 30/100
Hatchet 5.5 1/100
Spade 3.5 17.5/100
Combat Knife 4.5 8/100
Crowbar 3 20/100

Food
Number = First number rates how much hunger it heals out of ten. The second number is the chance of the item spawning. -- 2x2 Food Spawn
Beef Jerky 3 -- 20/100
Chocolate Bar 1 -- 45/100
Bag of Chips 2 -- 30/100
Can of Pasta 5 -- 7/100(heals 10 health)
Can of Soup 6 -- 5/100(heals 15 health)
Freeze-Dried Fruit 3 -- 20/100
Baked Beans 5 -- 15/100

Drinks
Number = First number = how much thirst it heals out of 10. Second is how rare. -- 2x2 Drink Spawn
Water (small) 5 -- 25/100
Water (large) 8 -- 10/100
Can of Soda 2 -- 40/100
Juice 4 -- 5/100(heals 5)

Healing
Number = chance of item spawning -- 2x2 Healing Item Spawn

Bandages 80/100(heal 25)
Pain Killers 20/100(heal 40)
Antibiotics 10/100(heal 50)

Guns

Common
USP .45
Silenced M9
Walther PKK

Uncommon
.357 Magnum
KS-23
Spas-12

Rare
M4A1
FAL
G3
AK-103
.50 Falcon

Guns will be spawned from 2x2 Gun spawns rated by Common, Uncommon, and Rare. Common item spawns contain weak pistols. Uncommon contain strong pistols like revolvers, and shotguns. Rare contain machine guns, and snipers.
Items spawns randomly choose an item based on a rating on how often they are chosen. The item has to be picked up within 30 minutes or else the item will despawn and spawn another. Every 30 minutes, items respawn across the entire map. This may cause lag so I may talk to wrapperup about a work around for it.
If the mod is not finished by the time that the build is, we will just continue to expand the map until the mod does get finished.

Gallery
I know you have all been waiting to see the build, so here you go. It is what we have so far!

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:01:04 PM by Pass »

Neat

I really liked the trees, Is it available for download?

do normal rifles not spawn

like non-sniper, unscoped hunting rifles

tem outa tem
nic 2 c the topic up yo!!1

ps: i did the mountains B)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:36:22 AM by Im_AFK »

also the way you have sprint working sounds really really backwards

like isn't that the entire point of sprinting, to run out of harm's way

it's called fight or flight for a reason

also the way you have sprint working sounds really really backwards

like isn't that the entire point of sprinting, to run out of harm's way

it's called fight or flight for a reason
oh right i did write it backwards. haha

nice op pass, cant wait for it to open

So, what happened to the Red Block Redemption and the other projects?

I guess you abandoned them?

So, what happened to the Red Block Redemption and the other projects?

I guess you abandoned them?

SPO obviously can get bored of building a single theme for many months. We hosted RBR once and it was very chaotic, but a lot of players said it was fun.
Furdle was the build director for that project. I do not have any intentions of continuing it, but I told him that he should be the one to continue it.

This is pretty nice, but how will zombies handle the terrain?

CAN'T-
HANDLE-
MY-
TERRAIN-

The terrain is made out of custom bricks by me that are modified version of the 4x cube; intead of being 3 bricks and 1 plate high it is just 3 bricks talls. The zombie playertype is going to have a step height of 3 bricks, so they can step over the 3 bricks without having to jump.

The terrain is made out of custom bricks by me that are modified version of the 4x cube; intead of being 3 bricks and 1 plate high it is just 3 bricks talls. The zombie playertype is going to have a step height of 3 bricks, so they can step over the 3 bricks without having to jump.
Nice!

What's the brickcount at?

Nice!

What's the brickcount at?
30,000. About half of the map is finished, and this is also with a ton of building duplications outside of the map.

having zombies also will not be an issue because Port is making it so that a player must be within 64 stud circle radius of the spawn for the zombie to spawn.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 01:23:33 PM by Pass »