Author Topic: Is it possible to have track pieces similar to ones in Trackmania?  (Read 1351 times)

Is it possible to have track pieces (nothing crazy like spirals, or loops, just left and right curves etc.) modeled and exported as .DTS or something? I know we can build it in bricks but having them modeled may look nicer. I really am not requesting this as I am going to try and make some myself but just the fact if its possible. I would sort of make sets that can be connected with each other. Is it possible?

Port sent me this
Oh stuff nice, these are .DTS for sure? What I wanted to do was a bit more detailed but I guess itll work then if they are DTS, I just didnt want to spend time modeling it and then it wouldnt even work in BL.

Why do you want .dts when blbs are so much more efficient?

Why do you want .dts when blbs are so much more efficient?
Can I have them curved and spiraled? I remember there was like a low limit of polygons (idk really). I thought .dts were the better choice.

Port sent me this

Please tell me it's going to be published.

Port sent me this
That looks sweet! :D

On topic: All bricks use .BLB models by default unless it uses a support add-on like JVS Content, which allows .DTS models to be be seen at the brick's location. BLB models can be rendered faster but you need a converter to get it to .BLB, this may cause the model to lose some of it's original properties because of converter incompatibles with certain features of the previous model format (Not sure about the specifics). DTS models prevents that flaw but at a cost, .DTS models are more intensive heavy to render on screen than if you used .BLB models instead.

Here is a link to a post Badspot made about the FPS differences of .DTS and .BLB models in Blockland: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=174411.msg4482704#msg4482704

On topic: All bricks use .BLB models by default unless it uses a support add-on like JVS Content, which allows .DTS models to be be seen at the brick's location. BLB models can be rendered faster but you need a converter to get it to .BLB, this may cause the model to lose some of it's original properties because of converter incompatibles with certain features of the previous model format (Not sure about the specifics). DTS models prevents that flaw but at a cost, .DTS models are more intensive heavy to render on screen than if you used .BLB models instead.
All default ramps (and the tree) use dts collision though

Re: that image

I designed the concept

Yndaaa made the curves

Siba turned them into bricks (they are rendered as .BLBs)

I drove on it and made that .gif (then showed it to Port)

and they will be released later on

While they're only a fraction of the pieces you'd get in Trackmania, they're the best roads I've ever driven in Blockland.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 02:42:14 AM by Eksi »