1 (5%)
300-400
2 (10%)
400-500
0 (0%)
500+
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Civilization 5 Megathread -- "Brave New World" Is Out!!!  (Read 4762 times)

Click the banner for the Civ 5 website.

Sid Meier's Civilization 5 is a turn-based strategy game in which the player leads an empire from prehistoric times to the future era, conquering, allying, and trading with other civs in the game. It had a single player mode as well as a multiplayer mode, both of which can be customized heavily through mods and countless game settings.

"Civilization 5: Gods and Kings" adds religions and espionage as two primary components of the game. Religion allows you to choose specific beliefs of your empire's religion, providing perks to both the founder and followers. Espionage allows you to station spies in cities to view what rival civs are doing, sway city-states, and kill enemy spies.

"Civilization 5: Brave New World" adds multiple elements to make the late game more interesting. The ideologies of Freedom, Autocracy, and Order become more relevant in how global politics play out. A world congress acts as an open forum for introducing resolutions that impact all civilizations. A new trade route system and archaeology will add more depth to how your cities work, as well as adding a revamped culture victory.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 12:26:23 PM by Mega-Bear »

i prepurchased for $20 off GreenManGaming and the keys haven't been sent from GMG yet

everyone on /r/civ is literally pouring niagara falls of asshurt because GMG hasn't sent out keys yet and are calling for GMG's bankruptcy as if they didn't expect this to happen (i kinda anticipated no immediate key)

i can't wait to play it though, gonna be hella live.  guess i'll just have to go to bed now and wake up tomorrow though lol.

Just booted the game up now.
Zulu all day erry day.

got civ V gold version when it was on sale for $12.49, and i'm waiting for the summer sale to use a $20 steam card, guess i'm not getting this for a while :(

Yay, more DLC that adds things removed from Civ V that were in Civ IV.

Why is the DLC almost as much as the actual game? ;-;

The Civ DLC actually adds worthwhile content. IMO it should be like $5 less, but oh well.

i prepurchased for $20 off GreenManGaming and the keys haven't been sent from GMG yet

everyone on /r/civ is literally pouring niagara falls of asshurt because GMG hasn't sent out keys yet and are calling for GMG's bankruptcy as if they didn't expect this to happen (i kinda anticipated no immediate key)

i can't wait to play it though, gonna be hella live.  guess i'll just have to go to bed now and wake up tomorrow though lol.

Lol yeah, I saw you getting downvoted. They were being totally unreasonable, a delay should always be kept in mind as a possibility when buying from a third party.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 06:05:05 AM by Mega-Bear »

Im mad I didnt preorder it :(

it's listed as a "DLC" because that's how steam works, but you have to basically consider it an expansion pack as it adds so much content.

just did my first victory with BNW, diplomacy.  world congress/UN is fun stuff.

here's a picture of the game-winning UN election:  (you can rename the UN apparently, I had fun with that considering my continental neighbors were starfishs)

« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 12:31:15 PM by Blockhead8306 »

I just like nuking everything... ...because I can. I make it so that the only way to win the game is by world domination, and that is my specialty.
That's easily the most boring thing to do.

So I played a game and I accidentally won a culture victory.
I don't even know how I had 3 cities and was going for diplomacy.

Had 34 votes anyway, not sure where all the tourism came from.

One of my great writers just wrote the Time Machine. That's some cool stuff.

That's easily the most boring thing to do.

So I played a game and I accidentally won a culture victory.
I don't even know how I had 3 cities and was going for diplomacy.

Had 34 votes anyway, not sure where all the tourism came from.
it is boring, mostly because you basically have to make a beeline for capitals usually and god forbid you're playing against ethiopia in the loving renaissance with his loving OP capital defense bonus roostersuckers.  domination should be a percentage IMO because lets face it if you own a lot of the world you're basically going to win with all the science being generated.

had the same thing happen to me too with the tourism, i mean like i intentionally built up my culture but as i got closer to the UN elections/eliminating rome and aztec's spaceships i apparently became influential over everyone and i won...

One of my great writers just wrote the Time Machine. That's some cool stuff.
i had f. scott fitzgerald write The Great Gatsby in the renaissance era, it's great.

the theming system in the great works part of the culture system is fun too.  it took me a while to figure it out but you basically just have to read the tooltips.

I have a Civ. V disk with the "The Americas" thing on it but i can't loving find it

Did someone say Brave New World?

Also I remember how in Civ 4 the AI would declare war on me and I would take their cities and they were like "NO! PLEASE STOP! TAKE THESE FISH AND STOP THE BLOOD SHED NOW!"