Author Topic: DTS Converter [How to Install dts converter]  (Read 4677 times)

I need something that can convert a .dae file to a .dts or a .kmz to .dts. Im just trying to get into modeling so im sorry if this sounds stupid. xD
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 11:47:52 PM by MrLoganator111 »

I presume you are using Sketchup. Blender can import .dae and .kmz files, but the .dts exporter only works for the old version (2.49b).

I presume you are using Sketchup. Blender can import .dae and .kmz files, but the .dts exporter only works for the old version (2.49b).
So I can use an old version of Blender? Can you give me a link?

So I can use an old version of Blender? Can you give me a link?
It's not exactly that simple.

Which Sketchup are you using? If it's the latest then you need to have both the latest and the old version of Blender, as the older version does not support the 1.4.1 version of collada (.dae). Anyway, here's Demian's handy-dandy portable Blender with the last released version of the .dts exporter. I hope he won't mind.

It's not exactly that simple.

Which Sketchup are you using? If it's the latest then you need to have both the latest and the old version of Blender, as the older version does not support the 1.4.1 version of collada (.dae). Anyway, here's Demian's handy-dandy portable Blender with the last released version of the .dts exporter. I hope he won't mind.
Im using sketch up 8. Is that the newest one?

EDIT: Im on a Mac. Is Blender compatible with Macs?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:18:48 PM by MrLoganator111 »

Should be. Refer to Pacnet's post, there seems to be an OSX installer.

Im using sketch up 8. Is that the newest one?

EDIT: Im on a Mac. Is Blender compatible with Macs?
http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.49b/
There's an OSX version at the top. (And it seems to be packed with Python too.) You're going to need to install the DTS exporter manually though.

I'll try this stuff later today, but I'm afraid that it may slow my computer down or it may be to complicated for me. If one of these is true, I'm sure I can find somebody to Convert them for me.

Ok i just downloaded it. I tried importing the file and it says its successful, but nothing shows up. I cant even figure out how to change the camera angle and when i try exporting it, i cant find a .dts. So confusing. Lol.

Post the file here.

Post the file here.
Ok. Its my 1st actual weapon i've modeled so its kind of a piece of crud, but I wana learn and I can only learn by practice and observing other's models. Here's the weapon. http://www.mediafire.com/?ih8k5314wi8n0pn

EDIT: I do plan on scripting this myself but not releasing it cuz its ugly. Also, don't hate on the name i didn't know what to call it. xD

Ok. Its my 1st actual weapon i've modeled so its kind of a piece of crud, but I wana learn and I can only learn by practice and observing other's models. Here's the weapon. http://www.mediafire.com/?ih8k5314wi8n0pn

EDIT: I do plan on scripting this myself but not releasing it cuz its ugly. Also, don't hate on the name i didn't know what to call it. xD
Ok, I think I found what you were doing wrong. I think you were trying to import it under COLLADA 1.3.1 (.dae) and nothing showed up when I did that. Import it as COLLADA 1.4(.dae) and it should work. You'll need to scale the model down a lot though, because it's huge.

Ok, I think I found what you were doing wrong. I think you were trying to import it under COLLADA 1.3.1 (.dae) and nothing showed up when I did that. Import it as COLLADA 1.4(.dae) and it should work.
Ok i did that, but it just keeps saying "Creating Blender Nodes" and nothing loads on the screen.

ALSO: What is a good size for the handle in inches and feet for sketch up? I have nothing to reference rly.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:17:18 PM by MrLoganator111 »

Ok i did that, but it just keeps saying "Creating Blender Nodes" and nothing loads on the screen.
Weird. I can import it to Blender if you want. It worked for me.