Author Topic: Obj2Blb - General's OBJ to Blockland Brick Converter  (Read 9688 times)

Best converter on the market, I've been using it for a while now and have been creating bricks I've never been able to before.
omfg

givmeplz

Make Ts, Cross, and corners and release it and I will be sure to download it.

Just fyi guys this doesn't work with MilkShape :c

Are triangles instead of quads supported?

Just fyi guys this doesn't work with MilkShape :c
Milkshape is outdated software, you should upgrade to Blender

Milkshape is outdated software, you should upgrade to Blender
Some people just don't have the patience to learn everything from Blender

Some people just don't have the patience to learn everything from Blender
It isn't patience that they are lacking.

Also, do you HAVE to export from 2.49? or can you use newer versions aswell, because last I check Blender 2.6x could export .obj

Now for a Blockland Brick to OBJ converter...

[img width=1000 height=562 ]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22217440/Blockland_01073.png[/img]

Best converter on the market, I've been using it for a while now and have been creating bricks I've never been able to before.

i cummed

The only limit the converter has is how much your computer can handle.
I though the console threw errors at you if the brick had more than 512 quads. It might have been the BLBConverter though.

Now for a Blockland Brick to OBJ converter...
http://mirror.dataorb.net/BLB2OBJ.zip
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 06:15:37 AM by Demian »

Also, do you HAVE to export from 2.49? or can you use newer versions aswell, because last I check Blender 2.6x could export .obj
obj is obj it doesn't matter what program exports it

But be sure to set the axis in the right direction

I though the console threw errors at you if the brick had more than 512 quads. It might have the BLBConverter though.
You're thinking of Badspot's version.

I received complaints that this doens't work with Milkshape;

I tested it and it does work, except UVs seems to be "exported" even though Milkshape doesn't support them. I am investigating the issue.

EDIT: It works in milkshape.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 05:42:11 AM by General »

Are triangles instead of quads supported?
Triangles are turned into quads like Badspot's converter upon conversion.

Any version of Blender should work. Unless the format of the obj file changes, which I doubt, there shouldn't be a problem.