Author Topic: Fez II Cancelled  (Read 10856 times)

tl;dw but i'm sure i can guess at its contents
real question: who is this and why should their opinion matter
it's more an explanation than an opinion
and really you can't ask that considering nobody's opinion really matters (including yours) other than the people actually involved, it's a discussion point. if you don't want to discuss opinions don't bother reading the thread as pretty much all of it is opinions.

Yay now the people who liked Fez don't get Fez 2 because of the people who didn't. This isn't a good thing you know.

Less games = Bad for games

I don't know what's wrong with me, But when a guy says his opinion about video games (Japanese ones) I don't hate him because OPINIONS ARE OPINIONS.

Also, I haven't really played fez so don't call me a "fanboy" or anything.

Actually no. The reason the crash in 1984 happened was because there were too many stuffty games and stuffty game consoles that no one could tell the good from the bad. So more good games and less stuffty games is a GOOD thing.

Actually no. The reason the crash in 1984 happened was because there were too many stuffty games and stuffty game consoles that no one could tell the good from the bad. So more good games and less stuffty games is a GOOD thing.
You can't compare this anywhere near as much since back then none of it was digital. Now nowhere near as much money is lost if games are bad, especially if it's a digitally exclusive release.

Fez II also probably wouldn't be generally considered a stuffty game as many people wanted it and I think Phil would have done a good job. Yes, you have the right to say you don't enjoy Fez but it was generally received as a good game (getting 91 for the PC version on metacritic) and as I said before there's almost no doubting it was technically a good game (whether you actually enjoy it or not is a different thing).

You can't compare this anywhere near as much since back then none of it was digital. Now nowhere near as much money is lost if games are bad, especially if it's a digitally exclusive release.

Fez II also probably wouldn't be generally considered a stuffty game as many people wanted it and I think Phil would have done a good job. Yes, you have the right to say you don't enjoy Fez but it was generally received as a good game (getting 91 for the PC version on metacritic) and as I said before there's almost no doubting it was technically a good game (whether you actually enjoy it or not is a different thing).

And call of duty: modern warfare 3 has a 88%. Yet the game is a piece of steaming stuff

And call of duty: modern warfare 3 has a 88%. Yet the game is a piece of steaming stuff
that's called an opinion

It's considered a good game by many. I don't like it but I can see why a lot of people do.

that's called an opinion
It's considered a good game by many. I don't like it but I can see why a lot of people do.

I could tell you why I consider it the worst COD game of all time but I will let the USER reviews speak for themselves.

I could tell you why I consider it the worst COD game of all time but I will let the USER reviews speak for themselves.

sorry are you rooting for metacritic or not?
i guess you're fine with user scores and not critic scores
but that's not really fair considering metacritic user scores are pretty biased as a ton of people go on there and either give the game 0s just for no reason or give it 10s for no reason

anyway, the reason video game crashes happen is because there were so many bad games that a ton of people were spending money making really bad games and then nobody was buying them cause they were so bad. call of duty still sells tons even if it is bad in our eyes.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 04:27:42 PM by Freeze »

-stuffsnip-
you cant expect user reviews to be honest

you know what came out the same year as mw3? battlefield 3. you know what came with that? fanboys.

what do fanboys do? they hate on every loving game thats simply in the same genre they splooge over every morning.

i love mw3 and bf3 equally, but handicapped fanboys on both sides act like nobody else can like different games.

the result? negative, spam reviews from butthurt fanboys.

sorry are you rooting for metacritic or not?
i guess you're fine with user scores and not critic scores
but that's not really fair considering metacritic user scores are pretty biased as a ton of people go on there and either give the game 0s just for no reason or give it 10s for no reason

anyway, the reason video game crashes happen is because there were so many bad games that a ton of people were spending money making really bad games and then nobody was buying them cause they were so bad. call of duty still sells tons even if it is bad in our eyes.
you cant expect user reviews to be honest

you know what came out the same year as mw3? battlefield 3. you know what came with that? fanboys.

what do fanboys do? they hate on every loving game thats simply in the same genre they splooge over every morning.

i love mw3 and bf3 equally, but handicapped fanboys on both sides act like nobody else can like different games.

the result? negative, spam reviews from butthurt fanboys.

Well I do agree about user reviews to a point but critic reviews aren't exactly honest anymore. A large amount of the time sites like IGN and gamespot get bribed into giving certain games good reviews and even get bribed to give other games bad reviews.

MW3 was bad for me not because its similar to modern warfare 2 (I never even played MW2). But because the multiplayer is loving horrible and unbalanced, I also got disconnected 5 times in one day which has never happened in any other multiplayer game I have played, the campaign was also basically an on rails shooter that was boring as stuff and you didn't give a flying forget about the story. The only thing about that was fun in that piece of stuff game was survival but that can't save the entire game.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 06:08:08 PM by beachbum111111 »

Well I do agree about user reviews to a point but critic reviews aren't exactly honest anymore. A large amount of the time sites like IGN and gamespot get bribed into giving certain games good reviews and even get bribed to give other games bad reviews.
Eh, the large majority of critic reviews are pretty honest - it's just a couple of the really big names give the other critics a bad rep.

Eh, the large majority of critic reviews are pretty honest - it's just a couple of the really big names give the other critics a bad rep.

Because the big names make a majority of metacritic and most people go to them for reviews

MW3 was bad for me not because its similar to modern warfare 29 I never even played MW2). But because the multiplayer is loving horrible and unbalanced, I also got disconnected 5 times in one day which has never happened in any other multiplayer game I have played, the campaign was also basically an on rails shooter that was boring as stuff and you didn't give a flying forget about the story. The only thing about that was fun in that piece of stuff game was survival but that can't save the entire game.
i hate this game why do other people like it :( :(

i hate this game why do other people like it :( :(

That's not the reason. They give this game good reviews even though its mediocre at best but other games that are actually good get stuffty reviews

Because the big names make a majority of metacritic
not true
how many big companies can you name that you know get paid for reviews?