Search users by BL_ID

Author Topic: Search users by BL_ID  (Read 1577 times)

I think there should be a way to search forum users by BL_ID

While we don't have this you can ask kalph

You could use RTB's search, but it doesn't work for everyone, only RTB users and names won't necessarily be the same as the forum one.

You could use RTB's search, but it doesn't work for everyone, only RTB users and names won't necessarily be the same as the forum one.
We are talking about the forums, not ingame names.

I know.
No you don't. They mean find users profiles through Id.

While we don't have this you can ask kalph
You're asking the right person.

Just ran the stats on all forum profiles:

However,
I have no idea where I put it.

it would theoretically be simple enough to put together a script that simple goes through all pages starting at "forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=profile;u=" and then simply reads the BL_ID field (albeit inefficient since it would probably have to load all the pages as a third party and not as an actual thing on their server), but frankly i'm too lazy and not-caffeinated to pull it off
wait, kalphiter, you just put together a theoretical php script to pull your deleted posts, right? get to work, son

it would theoretically be simple enough to put together a script that simple goes through all pages starting at "forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=profile;u=" and then simply reads the BL_ID field (albeit inefficient since it would probably have to load all the pages as a third party and not as an actual thing on their server), but frankly i'm too lazy and not-caffeinated to pull it off
wait, kalphiter, you just put together a theoretical php script to pull your deleted posts, right? get to work, son
Be sure to run it slowly or it might think of your script as a dos attack and block you.

"forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=profile;u=" and then simply reads the BL_ID field
I don't think you realized that this is exactly what I did...

Be sure to run it slowly or it might think of your script as a dos attack and block you.
It only needs to be run every once in a while because it's safe to assume that many of the older profiles will remain unchanged. Loading a profile takes a bit to search but is finished once the profile is found; the data is all in one spot. It's nothing compared to the amount of jumping it takes to display 15 non-consecutive (but ordered) posts at once.

welp
if you already have all that data, wouldn't it be easy to simply pop it all into a table somewhere on the web

I made a php script and I'm getting there ...

Okay I am delaying queries by 2 seconds and currently collecting data

It collects data at a speed of 30 users per minute so that will take 55.5 hours. The -1 IDs take up time for nothing as well.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 10:03:31 AM by Pacnet2012³ »

I made a php script and I'm getting there ...
Your formatting is really weird. Why is there so much whitespace?

I first stripped the php tags from the user profile so it ended up like that but trying to trim() the whitespace out of the string is not really doing anything. I figure if I put the text file on a website people can search the webpage (such as Ctrl + F or Command + F)
or I might make something on the website to search and return a result for you..
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 10:07:08 AM by Pacnet2012³ »

He is also throwing out all the other data. If he ever wants to use other data, he'll have to grab it again.

2 seconds is completely unnecessary.