Author Topic: Recommend to me some good music to listen to and download  (Read 445 times)

/title
I recently got Winamp and I'm liking it, but I have a distinct lack of music. I currently have

iamsleepless
BMS soundtrack

Will update OP as more music is added. The music would preferably be free, but I may buy some.

Well I do know some that are free

Most of the Lapfox record label is free
The entire vulpvibe discography is up for free (The Grand Cross is a good album AND I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO IT AFGDFGFD)
Most of Wolfgun's stuff is free
Roxorfoxor just 'cause

and if you are willing to pay Casey LaLonde is a pretty dang good musician.
I'm to loving lazy to get links though. sorry.

Oh. And if you don't like electronic music then I don't have anything else. Again sorry.

I love electronic music. iamsleepless is entirely that

Super Eurobeat. The best to me are essentially the music in the anime Initial D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6g5oOPN9To
honestly i have no idea how winamp works, the only kind of thing i can do is youtube to mp3 sites

I love electronic music.
some super eurobeat music is electronic lol
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 04:03:58 AM by TheKid »

Basically all tracks made by Caravan Palace. Their songs are the best in the genre.

Stairway to Heaven is AWESOME (duh) if you're ok with rock.

Personally, my favorite songs are 1983 by Jimi Hendrix and Strawberry Fields Forever by the Beatles. I recommend these if you are into psyche rock

OP, what genres are you into?

As everyone here is suggesting it, if you're into electronic, I highly suggest looking at more experimental artists, such as Boards of Canada, Squarepusher, Aphex Twin, Autechre (although they're REALLY inaccessible), and Clark.  A great starting point is "Selected Ambient Works 85-92" by Aphex Twin, "Music Has The Right To Children" by Boards of Canada, or "Body Riddle" by Clark.

If you like some alternative songs, I recommend muse. They are pretty coolio.

If you like some electro songs, go searching through monstercat's albums, they usually have a couple free songs.

Mannheim Steamroller is an orchestra that remixes christmas songs into awesomeness, my favs from them are Hallelujah, Angels We Have Heard on High, Los Peces en el Rio, Good King Wenceslas, Rudolph, Still Nacht... it goes on.

I dunno what file format you're talking but I have 500 wavs and wmas that are a mix of the best stuff I have found. It's got lots of variety, and all of it can be downloaded from Youtube, so p sure it's all free (most of it has never been released in the music industry anywhere). Lots of stuff from the soundtracks of following games:
Super Smash Bros (melee and Brawl), Cave Story, Cave Story + (wiiware, EU and fixed NA 1.1), Cave Story 3d, six tracks from the Cave Story beta (Wind fortress is much much better in the 3ds remix but the beta of Opression is almost a completely different song), Wario Land 4, Half Life, Half Life 2, Portal, Portal 2, Vectorman, Vectorman 2, Hexic HD...
It goes on. Tomorrow ima zip the whole lot of em and upload em to Dropbox. I'll PM you the link if ya want it.