BeamNG - [8/3/13] Tech demo is out; paid alpha available.

Author Topic: BeamNG - [8/3/13] Tech demo is out; paid alpha available.  (Read 3653 times)

As of 8/3, a tech demo is available here. Load on the download site is high; reports of download speeds as low as 4 kb/s are widespread, so be prepared. Another mirror is located here, courtesy of Reddit.

The price for the alpha is USD $15, or your regional equivalent. Prices are stated as follows for the following countries. Post a request for your regional equivalent is you feel it is represented by a majority of the community. Servers are overloaded, so your request may not go through initially.

• EU €11.29
  • GBP £9.81
  • CAN $15.58
  • AUD $16.84

Promo video here.

More information will be posted as it becomes available.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 06:11:57 PM by Comatose »

Chrome says your Reddit link could be dangerous.

Chrome has said http://www.google.com could be dangerous.

Chrome has said http://www.google.com could be dangerous.
Great example, a well-known website vs. an automatic download off a French Minecraft website, uncanny comparison.

Already bought and played, fun stuff

I can assure you it's safe. I used it to download the tech demo.

Great example, a well-known website vs. an automatic download off a French Minecraft website, uncanny comparison.
That wasn't my point
My point was that chrome is overzealous with categorizing websites, to the point where it says that it's own company's website could be dangerous.

just did a complete barrel roll
life complete

That wasn't my point
My point was that chrome is overzealous with categorizing websites, to the point where it says that it's own company's website could be dangerous.
I've never seen it do that. My point was that I barely trusted the site myself and it was a bit alarming to see my internet browser highlight it as a threat.

Anyways, tried it, quite fun to bash it around.

Um, what is it

It's a soft-body physics racing game created in Torque 3D.

Looks good, but with no real settings, it's borderline unplayable.
plus the cars are really forgetin squeaky.

Trying out the demo and whenever the wheels break loose it keeps spawning these massive dirt streaks that lag the forget out of the game
im not even driving on dirt wtf

also what even are the controls, does anyone know?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 11:39:04 PM by kiwibear »

Trying out the demo and whenever the wheels break loose it keeps spawning these massive dirt streaks that lag the forget out of the game
im not even driving on dirt wtf

also what even are the controls, does anyone know?

hit f1. it is your friend.

Oh thanks lol, that helps.