tor websites compromised, host of some tor sites arrested

Author Topic: tor websites compromised, host of some tor sites arrested  (Read 12880 times)

it's okay if I break laws IN PRIVATE

because PRIVACY

cant we just all agree that government is terrible and give the country back to king george

this isn't stopping anything, it isn't helping helping anything, and it's not okay.
except child research and drug trafficking.  I don't see why you guys all think that the government taking something illegal down is such a crime.  Yeah, it was private, but it was still illegal.

Does anyone here have any tangible evidence for child research even existing in the first place? I've never seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7_zMdNRAmo

Does anyone here have any tangible evidence for child research even existing in the first place? I've never seen it.

taboo tangibled one of the children when he took their picture

taboo tangibled one of the children when he took their picture
is this going to become a running joke

this is because you've never looked for it
that is why the deep/dark web exists: to keep it out of plain sight

this is because you've never looked for it
that is why the deep/dark web exists: to keep it out of plain sight
Sure, there might be some hidden sites somewhere, but is this really as big as they make it out to be? How many people on this forum have made research?

Sure, there might be some hidden sites somewhere, but is this really as big as they make it out to be? How many people on this forum have made research?
on this forum? i wouldn't be surprised if there were a few, actually, considering our track record with criminal members
as for how big it is, pretty big

The reason why you have never seen it is because it's hidden. It's illegal in most if not all countries and it's extremely hard to stumble upon; you need to actively seek it out if you want to see it. It's also an extremely brutal ""industry'" (if you can even call it that). I remember reading some news stories a while back that basically said that when the feds busted a child research ring in Russia or something, there were children who had quite literally been forcefully kidnapped and made to produce child research or they would be killed or tortured. It's really screwed up, and there was a not insignificant amount of online child research rings that utilized TOR.

you're free to look for it though for "research and professional curiosity" if you care enough

There is no doubt that the CP sites / silkroad exist(ed). But the way the government handled it went beyond what should have been done.

Let's take another hypothetical situation. Lets just say that instead of an internet site, the silkroad was actually just a building. The government knows that they have to shut down this building in order to stop illegal activity. Instead of simply shutting it down, they take it over and put a sign in front of it that says "Closed for maintenance! Come back later!", and then they attached a tracking device to anyone who approached the building during that time (without them knowing).

This is basically what has happened here, and it's not the first time it's happened either. While you may say "Yes well they were just trying to catch the people who were going there", you must realize that there is another underlying reason to them handling it in that way. This didn't just affect people who were going to the said illegal sites, it affected plenty of (innocent) people who simply use Tor as a political statement against online tracking.

The "We're tracking child enthusiasts" excuse is a coverup for "We're destroying anything that prevents us from monitoring you".

yes cp exists
idiots have uploaded and linked me to it
obviously i reported it to the police

i would say a good portion of the gay members of the community have made research (including myself ;))

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 05:25:48 AM by Overmind »

It's pretty much like a VPN/Anonymouse like thing. You use it, and no one knows what you're doing or who you are.
So it's like a proxy?

badspot makes research