Author Topic: tor websites compromised, host of some tor sites arrested  (Read 12881 times)

badspot makes research
and thus afterschool special was born

So it's like a proxy?
Late but yes, pretty much a proxy on steroids.

There is no doubt that the CP sites / silkroad exist(ed). But the way the government handled it went beyond what should have been done.

Let's take another hypothetical situation. Lets just say that instead of an internet site, the silkroad was actually just a building. The government knows that they have to shut down this building in order to stop illegal activity. Instead of simply shutting it down, they take it over and put a sign in front of it that says "Closed for maintenance! Come back later!", and then they attached a tracking device to anyone who approached the building during that time (without them knowing).

This is basically what has happened here, and it's not the first time it's happened either. While you may say "Yes well they were just trying to catch the people who were going there", you must realize that there is another underlying reason to them handling it in that way. This didn't just affect people who were going to the said illegal sites, it affected plenty of (innocent) people who simply use Tor as a political statement against online tracking.

thisthisthis

Does anyone here have any tangible evidence for child research even existing in the first place? I've never seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7_zMdNRAmo

yeah, lol. There's a stuffload.

yeah, lol. There's a stuffload.
I guess you would know...? ಠ_ಠ

There is no doubt that the CP sites / silkroad exist(ed). But the way the government handled it went beyond what should have been done.

Let's take another hypothetical situation. Lets just say that instead of an internet site, the silkroad was actually just a building. The government knows that they have to shut down this building in order to stop illegal activity. Instead of simply shutting it down, they take it over and put a sign in front of it that says "Closed for maintenance! Come back later!", and then they attached a tracking device to anyone who approached the building during that time (without them knowing).

This is basically what has happened here, and it's not the first time it's happened either. While you may say "Yes well they were just trying to catch the people who were going there", you must realize that there is another underlying reason to them handling it in that way. This didn't just affect people who were going to the said illegal sites, it affected plenty of (innocent) people who simply use Tor as a political statement against online tracking.

Did they give malware to everyone using tor, or just people accessing the onion websites through tor? Nobody is answering my question and the blogspam OP link doesn't explain it well to people who don't use the deep web.

Does anyone here have any tangible evidence for child research even existing in the first place? I've never seen it.

You don't see CP on the internet because you can't just google it and click on the first link and get CP.

I'm pretty sure the government frequently delays busts on actual buildings/places in order to catch more people by staking out the location. On the Internet it is just easier. In fact, the tracking cookie helps innocent people. If there were a real building the feds might have to track down and interview every person who went there. That might be inconvenient or embarrassing for an innocent person. On the Internet they can simply give people a cookie and wait a few weeks or so. All of the innocent people will automatically be determined innocent and they won't even know it.

But then they'll know about the bananas I googled, along with my sources for my English project!

on this forum? i wouldn't be surprised if there were a few, actually, considering our track record with criminal members
as for how big it is, pretty big
Vertzer and OtisTheHouseCat

I think the FBI has really pushed it.

On top of shutting down the tor websites, they also injected a javascript malware exploit that would attach to anyone who visited the site and report them to the FBI through a permanent tracking cookie.

I don't go to the deep web, but I still think the FBI is trying too hard.

This, it's pretty much a violation of internet privacy.

This, it's pretty much a violation of internet privacy.

Yeah and it's also a violation of the US Federal Law for you to be browsing child research.

I have no sympathy for the people who got busted in this raid. They deserved exactly what they got.

Yeah and it's also a violation of the US Federal Law
Obviously the person they arrested would have been released if they got their intel illegally.

So guess what that means? They were given legal permission to do what they did.

But then they'll know about the bananas I googled, along with my sources for my English project!
They'll find out that you only used Wikipedia and then cited the sources that Wikipedia cites. Then they will use this information to blackmail you into spying on your parents for them.

stuff, now how do I traffick my slaves and look at leaked files on deepnet anymore?!