Collaborative Renaissance City [Sponsored by SPO][DOWNLOAD ON 2ND PAGE]

Author Topic: Collaborative Renaissance City [Sponsored by SPO][DOWNLOAD ON 2ND PAGE]  (Read 5052 times)

INFO
So basically, every now and then, SPO is going to host a theme collaborative build, that anyone can join and pitch in on the build. At the moment, we are doing a SPO Castle themed city, which will be released as a Mafia Madness and other gamemodes. Once finished, the build will be released on the forums for you also to do whatever you want with it. To help, join my server (Pass' Collaborative Build) and ask to help. If you are someone who can be trusted, trust will be given and you can start making your own build.

RULES
  • Stick to the theme. Buildings off-theme will get deleted.
  • Use 6x2x3 blocks for brick texture.
  • Do not add things like markets or wells: these will be handled by the supervisors.
  • Don't be a richard and go and grief it over-night. Seriously, don't.
  • Build in the walls, unless you are making duplications of things.
  • Be brick conservative.
  • Stick to the color-code.
  • To make doors unenterable, turn off the raycasting on the door.
  • Unenterable buildings must have blacked out windows and unenterable doors.
  • Only use the first 4 rows in the paint set.
  • Don't complain that I need to get more brick packs: we're keeping it default for easy downloading.
Rules are subject to change at any time.

BRICKS OF HONOR
Bricks of honor are awards given to builders that contributed a lot or have built quality things.
  • Jitank
  • Blok
  • Vapryx
  • The Brighter Dark
  • Paradon
  • Wink
  • Shortcut
  • Mr.Nobody
  • Kickflow

Pictures of the build so far:

Happy Building!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 06:10:35 PM by Pass »

Looks more italian renaissance 16th century than médiéval. (inb4cs_italia)

I'll be there soonish to build something!

Looks more italian renaissance 16th century than médiéval. (inb4cs_italia)

Spot on. There's no way a medieval town would have such beautifully consistent (what I assume to be) plastered walls and tiled roofs.

Sorry Pass, even the walls strike me as some kind of non-functional decorated restoration as opposed to an actual means to keeping machines of war at bay.

Spot on. There's no way a medieval town would have such beautifully consistent (what I assume to be) plastered walls and tiled roofs.

Sorry Pass, even the walls strike me as some kind of non-functional decorated restoration as opposed to an actual means to keeping machines of war at bay.
not my fault that the town is a utopia in a fantasy lands where wars don't exist >:(

A Lot of progress for one day!

I'm really enjoying this server. You should arrange more stuff like this, perhaps at a larger scale?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 02:27:53 PM by Paradon »

freakishly awesome except for the fact that NO GODDAMN TERRAIN JESUS CHRIST WHAT WAS IN YOUR MIND WHEN YOU LAID OUT THE CITY.

also i don't really like how its a square-walled town. seems pretty limiting and unrealisticish

freakishly awesome except for the fact that NO GODDAMN TERRAIN JESUS CHRIST WHAT WAS IN YOUR MIND WHEN YOU LAID OUT THE CITY.
they obviously had bulldozers and domestic grass back then. duh.
also i don't really like how its a square-walled town. seems pretty limiting and unrealisticish
players are only supposed to see the city from the streets: it doesnt feel that odd then.

yo thats my church :D

im loving this build, i have build a few buildings (5 i think but im not sure) and i think we will need to expand the walls soon though.

themed builds are really cool but everything having the same color isn't really considered theme. I suggest for one to add more terrain, for two, to construct more dynamic and bulkier walls, and for three, to diversify build color and structure. also, some interiors could do well for a build this size.

tan and peach: the city