Graham's Number - Literally head-imploding

Author Topic: Graham's Number - Literally head-imploding  (Read 2083 times)

ok i just found out about this stuff and you people need to know because jesus forget it is incredible

VIDEO AT BOTTOM

Okay so let's start simply:
3+3+3 = 3x3
3x3x3 = 33
33 = 3↑3 = 27
3↑↑3 = 333 = about 7.6 trillion

3↑↑↑3 =37.6 trillion 3's, all stacking up.

ok this is where stuff gets pretty loving serious

Imagine this number, based on what you already know about the arrows:
3↑↑↑↑3 = stupid big = g1 (this is a made-up variable that we are going to use for the sake of explaination)

g2 = 3 with g1 amount of arrows behind it.
g3 = 3 with g2 amount of arrows behind it, etc etc UNTIL:

g64 = Graham's number.

This number is literally so big that you would actually turn into a black hole; if you thought about it until the amount of knowledge inside of your brain made it massive enough to form a singularity and collapse inside of itself into a point where light could not escape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTeJ64KD5cg
have fun with that
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 08:39:23 PM by TheScout »

Holy forget someone besides me actually knows about this

Holy forget someone besides me actually knows about this
no we really dont or else we'd all be dead

i dont get it
Where are you stuck? if it's the arrows, I don't fully understand them either.

the numbers it HURTS!!!!!

its times like these where i think our brains are very limited when it comes to ordeals that are enormous. like when i am sitting on a boring day doing nothing but daydreaming about how large the universe is. I start at earth and keep going past the planets, past the galaxy, and all at once i just hit a point where i just cant go on, my thought process just comes to a halt.

its times like these where i think our brains are very limited when it comes to ordeals that are enormous. like when i am sitting on a boring day doing nothing but daydreaming about how large the universe is. I start at earth and keep going past the planets, past the galaxy, and all at once i just hit a point where i just cant go on, my thought process just comes to a halt.
ugh there has to be a joke i can make about it being Count that posted this but i just can't come up with it.

ugh there has to be a joke i can make about it being Count that posted this but i just can't come up with it.
Don't always Count on being able to make a joke out of every name you see.

whoa whoa imagine this being used as a weapon

if humanity ever develops the technology to implant thoughts/data directly into someone's head, would we potentially be able to kill them by implanting Graham's number?

AH AH AH! I COUNT THE PLANETS! 1 2 3! AH AH AH!

if humanity ever develops the technology to implant thoughts/data directly into someone's head, would we potentially be able to kill them by implanting Graham's number?
if you want a planet full of black holes then sure

By "your brain would turn into a black hole" it means that your brain would have to be so massive that it's mass would be enough to cause the brain to fold upon itself and create a black hole. As in, even if you were to implant it into our brains, it would only be partial and we'd not explode into black holes.