Poll

-

-
-
-

Author Topic: SCP Containment Breach [90%] Please vote in the poll!  (Read 50776 times)

What kind of eventing is needed?
VCE. You would be clicking varlinks to either say Yes or no, and depending on what you pick, different things happen.

VCE. You would be clicking varlinks to either say Yes or no, and depending on what you pick, different things happen.

Couldn't you just do that with prompt events?

I would not suggest varlinks, because of a glitch where if the player does not have VCE, varlinks don't work for them.  As Wisp suggested, prompt events would work well, or you can even use OnPlayerTalk coupled with LocalChat and VCE to not be limited to "yes or no" but options, like "Run, Hide, Fight, stuff your pants".

Also, with the OnPlayerTalk option, client messages can be made extra pretty with color and don't changes, and you wouldn't have those ugly cyan, underlined links and prompt boxes.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 03:22:57 PM by Gen. Hothauser »

I would not suggest varlinks, because of a glitch where if the player does not have VCE, varlinks don't work for them.  As Wisp suggested, prompt events would work well, or you can even use OnPlayerTalk coupled with LocalChat and VCE to not be limited to "yes or no" but options, like "Run, Hide, Fight, stuff your pants".

Also, with the OnPlayerTalk option, client messages can be made extra pretty with color and don't changes, and you wouldn't have those ugly cyan, underlined links and prompt boxes.
prompt events have never worked for me, so where do i get this on player talk event?

Hooray for me I got a special tour :)

prompt events have never worked for me, so where do i get this on player talk event?

That's odd, prompt events have always been a stable addon.  OnPlayerTalk comes with other events in the "Script_EventExtras" mod, but I think the link to it is messed up, or the file download is messed up.  When I get home, I can pm you a new link with a working file.  There are a few VCE compatibility issues with OnPlayerTalk that I have found work-arounds for, though, so you may need help there.

That's odd, prompt events have always been a stable addon.  OnPlayerTalk comes with other events in the "Script_EventExtras" mod, but I think the link to it is messed up, or the file download is messed up.  When I get home, I can pm you a new link with a working file.  There are a few VCE compatibility issues with OnPlayerTalk that I have found work-arounds for, though, so you may need help there.
Alright, thanks.

Hosting an SCP preview for anyone interested. We have SCP-173, and SCP-895 enabled.

Preview is now offline, thanks for coming guys.

The biggest things that we found that need to change are the blinking time and the sounds

This is a really good server. Not bad when you have someone with you. But if they die, you're out of luck.
SCP-173 spawn kills sometimes. Don't fix that. It adds horror.

Also what is the point of SCP-079? I get in there and can't do anything.

This is a really good server. Not bad when you have someone with you. But if they die, you're out of luck.
SCP-173 spawn kills sometimes. Don't fix that. It adds horror.

Also what is the point of SCP-079? I get in there and can't do anything.
079 is not evented as of now

Redid the red room, came out nice.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 09:32:39 PM by The Brighter Dark »

SCP-895
Where an you find it?