10 (29.4%)
I agree with some of 'em.
2 (5.9%)
I agree with a few of 'em
1 (2.9%)
I agree with none of 'em.
4 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Bigass general suggestion thread- Ideas to actually improve on the game  (Read 4855 times)

I've remade all the default large cubes to use one and they work a whole lot better.

You should release that.

You should release that.
i will once i get icons and make it looks a bit better. i just ripped the collision from the modter cubes and put them into normal cubes, this way they don't overwrite the water/zone/modter (why is it all the same) build layer.

Vehicle collision is improved when you use a custom collision DTS. I've remade all the default large cubes to use one and they work a whole lot better. now on my TDM people don't fall through the ground as often.
Awesome. That fall-through glitch was... A bit annoying. XD

So basically what you want is for bricks to be able to send commands via relay to bot holes?
yes

so like, after a bot spawns, you can change the color of it's head by firing a relay to the bothole, instead of switching the activation of onbotspawn events and respawning the bot

Bump, I guess? Added some bot suggestions.

i will once i get icons and make it looks a bit better. i just ripped the collision from the modter cubes and put them into normal cubes, this way they don't overwrite the water/zone/modter (why is it all the same) build layer.

How's that going?

We need more bricks damnit!

VCE must be remade.

That broken health variable has halted so many projects of mine, its infuriating.

VCE must be remade.

That broken health variable has halted so many projects of mine, its infuriating.

Why should it be remade? I see no reason to do that. What's wrong with the health variable?

Why should it be remade? I see no reason to do that. What's wrong with the health variable?

VCE as it is is apparently a little broken and you can't get it publicly (or at least not easily).

Health variable.

It always comes back as an odd decimal number due to an incorrect or overlooked player armor.
There's a way around it by re-routing the relays through another brick as a double check, but I normally am not in the position where that works.

Also, going back to the manual every 5 mins to figure out whats going on really sucks rooster.

well uh
*looks down and shrugs*
i sure wouldn't mind having uh
A TRIPLE GERMAN SUPLEX COMBAT WE--

Anyway these go more for personal use, as I have no idea how to script, and would probably be impossibru:

-I know Orion up there wouldn't mind it, is it possible to have a camera brick that pans? Me thinks this would look nice for cutscenes.
-I know this is floating around somewhere in a private folder or whatver, I would love a favorites bar for an event brick. However I know that this is very exploitable to those troublemakers, so maybe a restriction to its availiability. I already am certain an environment favorites bar exists.
-OnVehicleTouch got lost somewhere me thinks, although PlayerEnterZone is an alright alternative. Also I wouldn't mind having a "setvehicle" thingie (excuse my broadness here), I love to make bots transform into vehicles but that's restricted to playertypes.

Bots in vehicles have awkward aim, it seems.  When the BotGoToBrick event is used, they never quite go straight at the brick, and the OnBotArrive event is triggered for bots in vehicles from a grater distance away than when a bot is walking.  Somehow fix this.

In the OP, you asked for node hiding, which is possible with SetAppearance>Custom.  There is a box with a bunch of 0's and 1's in it and also the decal and face names, just change those 0's and 1's until you hide/unhide the desired nodes.

Bots in vehicles have awkward aim, it seems.  When the BotGoToBrick event is used, they never quite go straight at the brick, and the OnBotArrive event is triggered for bots in vehicles from a grater distance away than when a bot is walking.  Somehow fix this.

In the OP, you asked for node hiding, which is possible with SetAppearance>Custom.  There is a box with a bunch of 0's and 1's in it and also the decal and face names, just change those 0's and 1's until you hide/unhide the desired nodes.

Ah, thanks. Adding to OP along with Flamecannon's stuff.