Set Bot Paths

Author Topic: Set Bot Paths  (Read 938 times)

I want a tool to easily map out bot movement paths. Set a path and have the bot follow it without needing bricks for the bot to touch.

I'm looking at you Port, because I know you have this already.

I'm looking at you Port, because I know you have this already.

what I have is completely different

I have a nodegraph editor and I write small scripts to make bots do what I want them to with the graphs

Bots don't need to touch bricks to be ordered to other bricks. Just use the 'onbotreachbrick' event and you're good to go.

what I have is completely different

I have a nodegraph editor and I write small scripts to make bots do what I want them to with the graphs
so basically you have what the OP wants lol

Bots don't need to touch bricks to be ordered to other bricks. Just use the 'onbotreachbrick' event and you're good to go.

You still need bricks to reach, same stuff.

If it could be polished into a tool to place and pick up nodes in a circuit for the bot to follow, it would be optimal for player use.
I want somebody to invest time into that..

If it could be polished into a tool to place and pick up nodes in a circuit for the bot to follow, it would be optimal for player use.
I want somebody to invest time into that..

sure, you do that
all the code is released on the forums somewhere

I have this 90% finished. Heres a link to the mod discussion topic where you can find downloads. Read the entire topic to find the password.

I have this 90% finished. Heres a link to the mod discussion topic where you can find downloads. Read the entire topic to find the password.
Cant find the password? Read the entire post.
No such thing you put password in your thread. I read many time, there nothing, you could fool me.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 05:37:42 PM by Furling² »

you
Uh...

..the reason why I PUT this is Suggestions and Requests is because I can't make it myself?
If I COULD make this, I would have already and released it without asking for it..

Uh...

..the reason why I PUT this is Suggestions and Requests is because I can't make it myself?
If I COULD make this, I would have already and released it without asking for it..
I feel that Port refused release of his own mod, I guess he will keep it by himself.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 05:30:47 PM by Furling² »

Here are some suggestions for events you could add:

• An equivalent of MoveToBrick with the only difference being that if the target is not within a direct line of sight, it follows a path to the target's nearest node and then finally to the target itself.
  • An equivalent of MoveToPlayer(?) with the only difference being that if the target is not within a direct line of sight, it follows a path to the target's nearest node and then finally to the target itself.