Author Topic: Fake Steam Community links going around  (Read 7154 times)

I remember there was a scam link that when you click it your avatar changes to this

Silly right?

Um....

OH GOD

I found this V

Also, does this topic really belong in games, rather than, say, off-topic?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:15:31 PM by Dequire »

I've had Steam Guard enabled since the beginning.  I've lived in different countries, states, and travel pretty often.  Having to verify with the code from Steam is very common for me, and often it has seemed unnecessary, so I treated it like any normal time and just went through with it.

I don't understand why you have posted in this thread three times now with essentially the same message.  Not everyone lives in Illinois their entire life; if you received a Steam Guard notification you would be much more surprised than I ever am.
Well you did something dumb enough to get your account hijacked so maybe you need me to say it three times.

What does living in Illinois my entire life have to do with Steam Guard? Do you even know how it works? Maybe you should look into that because you don't seem to understand. I've had to verify steam guard many times. I just know how to keep my computer secure and how to stay off of scam sites. Not a hard thing to do.

Well you did something dumb enough to get your account hijacked so maybe you need me to say it three times.

What does living in Illinois my entire life have to do with Steam Guard? Do you even know how it works? Maybe you should look into that because you don't seem to understand. I've had to verify steam guard many times. I just know how to keep my computer secure and how to stay off of scam sites. Not a hard thing to do.

No.  I've kept every aspect of my Steam account and everything else I own safe, this is the first time something like this has happened.  Obviously I didn't intend for this to happen, and it was dumb, but stuff like this happens.  The last thing I need is you pretending to know better than I do and insisting that I need you to personally tell me three times what I should do.

Yes, most people do have to verify their steam guard many times.  I'm saying I've verified mine so many times to the extent that it almost became an extra "unnecessary" step of something I had to do often.  I was never on a scam site, this whole situation occurred on tf2outpost.  I clicked the link, tried logging in, and went through with the code.  I'm one of the last people I'd expect something like this to happen to.  But it happened, and all I can do is wait on Steam to help regain my account and possibly my items.