Author Topic: Ads on the forum  (Read 26910 times)

oh shut up, half of us found this game through ads on dan ball but now that we do it it's suddenly awful
havent heard of dan ball in so long omg

is this the first website you have all been to?

i am so desensitized by internet adds that i dont even notice them anymore. i have like 1992 vision where i can just navigate a site as if there were never adds at all.

its nice so many of you are so concerned with the feng shui of a website. i usually look to the content i want. i could give a flying forget about the pretty design of a place.

is this the first website you have all been to?

i am so desensitized by internet adds that i dont even notice them anymore. i have like 1992 vision where i can just navigate a site as if there were never adds at all.

its nice so many of you are so concerned with the feng shui of a website. i usually look to the content i want. i could give a flying forget about the pretty design of a place.

Most people think they're desensitized by advertising.

Fact of the matter is, advertising is still affecting those people. But at a subconscious level. If people weren't still affected by it, it wouldn't be a multi-billion dollar industry!

oh shut up, half of us found this game through ads on dan ball but now that we do it it's suddenly awful

Wow, you are right.  That's exactly where I saw the add.  I still remember the add too - a castle build with the blockland home page knight.

Most people think they're desensitized by advertising.

Fact of the matter is, advertising is still affecting those people. But at a subconscious level. If people weren't still affected by it, it wouldn't be a multi-billion dollar industry!

that only works on like radio or tv.

net ads need you to click on them

that only works on like radio or tv.

Not really. Haven't you ever seen an animated ad? And plain images or text even can have subliminal influence.

i don't see how that changes his point....?

are you me
I think it was the ad with the default blockhead with a red hat on.

i don't see how that changes his point....?
Yes it does. As far as I can tell, his point was that subliminal messaging only happens in TV and radio advertisements. This doesn't make sense, because subliminal suggestion can start the moment you can see something. After seeing something a certain amount of times, your brain automatically takes interest to it. If an ad shows the logo of a company, then you may later on see that logo again and be attracted to it because you've seen it subconsciously and are now wondering "Where have I seen this before?". That extra moment of pondering gives them a much higher chance of being interested in the product or service they provide.

I don't find a problem with ads on a website.

Good job badspot, with all the website traffic you get, you're going to be a millionaire.

As far as I can tell, his point was that subliminal messaging only happens in TV and radio advertisements.
i guess you can't read then

i guess you can't read then
My point is you don't need to click on them to be subliminally affected.

being affected by something doesn't magically give the source money