Poll

Do Video Games Make People Violent?

Yes
17 (9.4%)
No
163 (90.6%)

Total Members Voted: 180

Author Topic: Do Violent Video Games actually make people Violent?  (Read 7692 times)

I am doing a quick survey here to see everyone's opinion.

Do Violent video games (ex: Call of Duty, Battlefield, Grand Theft Auto, etc.) make people really violent?

Now I mean an average Middle Schooler and older (age 12+). If you can please vote in the poll and say why or why not in the topic, that'd be great.

Reason For This Topic
  • Curious
  • Trying to convince my parents that these games won't make me violent if I play them

Depending on your age demographic yes & no

Yes, I do think so. People who play violent video games excessively are more prone to becoming violent in the real world, it is an encouragement. If you noticed this too, almost all American massacre shooters were hardcore gamers to violent video games.

• Trying to convince my parents that these games won't make me violent if I play them

This probably isn't the best place to convince them.

I just got done playing Grand Theft Auto IV
I'm going to go beat some people for money, brb.

If you noticed this too, almost all American massacre shooters were hardcore gamers to violent video games.
They were also mentally unstable too.

They can slightly change how you act, but you won't turn into a criminal.

yes, because adolf Riddler and genghis khan were both avid atari fans

They were also mentally unstable too.

Which was caused by many of the video games, in many of the cases. It isn't healthy emotionally for anyone to game for over 10 hours a day. It is abnormal as well, no matter what excuses are said. It's unhealthy physically too because all you do is sit on your tucus and don't even move a muscle. I was an addict for 2 years to games.

Which was caused by many of the video games, in many of the cases. It isn't healthy emotionally for anyone to game for over 10 hours a day. It is abnormal as well, no matter what excuses are said. It's unhealthy physically too because all you do is sit on your tucus and don't even move a muscle. I was an addict for 2 years to games.
So now video games cause mental unstability? I must be loving insane then.

Yes, I do think so. People who play violent video games excessively are more prone to becoming violent in the real world, it is an encouragement. If you noticed this too, almost all American massacre shooters were hardcore gamers to violent video games.
Don't listen to a single word coming out of this forgetstick's fingertips. It takes way more than violent video games to turn someone into a killer.

So now video games cause mental unstability? I must be loving insane then.

It wasn't just discovered, it depends on the person and their temperament.

It wasn't just discovered, it depends on the person and their temperament.

Exactly the PERSON, as in video games aren't the cause of it. If it was video games than we'd all be murderous forgets.

Exactly the PERSON, as in video games aren't the cause of it. If it was video games than we'd all be murderous forgets.

I've seen wonderful people change in a terrible way because of their addiction to highly addictive MMORPG's/violent shooters. Addiction is a disease, and that's what happens with addiction. It's the same reaction as an alcoholic but with less violence. Any addiction is dangerous.

no, but if you play violent games and snort bath salts you might go on a rampage.