Author Topic: What is your opinion on love?  (Read 4336 times)

I got in a debate about it today with people about how long it takes to "love" someone.

I said you would know if you loved someone within a week, but you wait a few months to understand those feelings you harbor for someone. You can develop something with someone over a period of months, but ultimately you will always have the same feelings, just the intensity will change.

With my current girlfriend, we were friends for over a year and stayed as such for a little white after confessing our feelings, because we had interest in each other but we felt we should wait and see if that interest was still there in a week or so. Long story short, we'd both been hurt before by others and as such were hesitant, but this relationship's been going on better than anyone could ever have asked for quite a few years, and we're getting engaged next winter.

You can develop something with someone over a period of months, but ultimately you will always have the same feelings, just the intensity will change.

That's a thought provoking way to put it. It leads to the question of "Is love at first sight a real thing?"

edit: Congrats on the engagement, rockslide!

Most of the time when you think you love someone it really is just infatuation. In most cases "real love" would start out with just being friends like most relationships then as time progresses you would come to really like being with that person, then you realize you love them.

Congrats on the engagement, rockslide!
Thank you. I'm just so glad I have her, so many people have used and abused me and she came along and showed nothing but love, so we might be getting engaged a little young-ish, but it's more than worth it, we spent a lot of time making the decision of when it was right together.

I think that it's misused by youth. Boys and girls meet one another, they both like one another and 2 weeks later they are a couple and they gloat about how much they love each-other; one afternoon later "WE'RE DONE, OKAY???? PRICK!!". It's different to like somebody and love them.

Love really isn't something you can just.. Describe
It really depends. Love isn't something you can really have, its something you feel. Or, at least that's what I think. You cant really experience Love, in my opinion till you are much older. Out on your own, ready for them life commitments!
Boom. Wisdom.
I feel smart

Love is terrible. Joking but i never really cared about loved because the girl i loved and cared for didn't even want to be friends with me. And the sad part is i will always love her.

A girl liked me once and I kind of liked her. That's my opinion on love

I really want to share my opinion, but I'd just go on and on for pages upon pages of ranting about how stupid people are and don't understand what true love is and such and I'd most likely end up arguing with a lot of you. :(

Love is terrible. Joking but i never really cared about loved because the girl i loved and cared for didn't even want to be friends with me. And the sad part is i will always love her.
you need to cut your losses. Love is a two way affair, there's a girl out there who wants you, you might already know her or might not, but she's there and you guys would make a perfect couple. Don't give up on finding her, but don't rush yourself either

you need to cut your losses. Love is a two way affair, there's a girl out there who wants you, you might already know her or might not, but she's there and you guys would make a perfect couple. Don't give up on finding her, but don't rush yourself either
Already asked her out.

i dont believe love is some magical force like some people seem to here

i believe love is something that can develop over time. it doesn't need to be there when you start the relationship. all you need to start the relationship is some sort of initial attraction. from there, you get to know each other better and that's where the love comes in.

i think love and physical attraction are independent, but i don't believe you can have a healthy relationship if you love someone but aren't physically attracted to them.