Author Topic: Toontown Rewritten Megathread - Open Beta Has Begun!  (Read 123571 times)

It's much more stable than you think. I've played this on a mac and didn't crash at all.
I don't have an issue with crashing. The game regularly locks up for a few seconds anytime it has to load anything popping in (loading an appearing character, buildings around the corner of a street, etc).  I and everyone I've played this with (most with high-end computers, admittedly I don't have one) have this issue and it irritates me to hell.  More so because everyone tells me "it's a beta" after hyping up the nostalgia and getting me to play it after several months, during which the issue has apparently persisted.  It's a basic problem that shouldn't exist, even in a beta state.

Before I get told off again, I do want to play the game, I'm just really upset it's unbearable to do so.

Don't say it was luck, because it doesn't exist.
I have no idea where this is coming from.

I don't have an issue with crashing. The game regularly locks up for a few seconds anytime it has to load anything popping in (loading an appearing character, buildings around the corner of a street, etc).  I and everyone I've played this with (most with high-end computers, admittedly I don't have one) have this issue and it irritates me to hell.  More so because everyone tells me "it's a beta" after hyping up the nostalgia and getting me to play it after several months, during which the issue has apparently persisted.  It's a basic problem that shouldn't exist, even in a beta state.

Before I get told off again, I do want to play the game, I'm just really upset it's unbearable to do so.
I have no idea where this is coming from.
I understand what you mean by that. In that case, see ya by the opening or whenever it gets fixed!

there is definitely an issue with entity loading which is completely crippling to gameplay

either things don't load in at all or it stops everything to load them. the latter is kinda better but it's an issue regardless. i don't know how things have improved since i last played, but those kinds of things (along with the fact that there's barely anyone in donald's dock) are what made me quit

i'll happily play at release when everything plays smoothly but ya it's got some work to go. but they're obv aware of the issues and plan on fixing them so w/e

(generally speaking now) ya it's beta, but all that means is that you should expect problems; it doesn't excuse them. beta participation means "okay this is playable so we're letting people play it. expect issues and report them." the only difference between beta and a release is that a release is expected to be completely stable, whereas a beta is given some wiggle room. it can't be a complete mess.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:29:17 PM by otto-san »

mm today I just tried to solo a Sellbot building. Didn't go well. What tasks are you guys on?

mm today I just tried to solo a Sellbot building. Didn't go well. What tasks are you guys on?
i'm almost out of TTC i think, trying to get my toon up track

It's Lil Oldman's task. I need 9 more Level 8+ Cogs.

Early DDL tasks, such as Powers Erge and Nat. I would probably be further if my friend wasn't forcing me to stay at the same laff as him.

He's a really good guy, but I'm debating on removing him.

In the one in a billion chance that he is reading this post - let me work on my tasks at my own pace. Don't get angry if I get ahead of you.

I need sellbots, too. Maybe we could meet up next weekend.

I just realized every cog represents a blocklander/forumer

I just can't figure out who is who

bottom feeder is betelgeuse
edit: the mingler is emo freak
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 06:39:14 PM by ZombieDude »

I'll update it when I get a few more responses as to who is who

My friends tell me I'm a Name Dropper because Roger Dog and I both were on another forums together.
I'd say Emo Freak is a Telemarketer.

I'd say Emo Freak is a Telemarketer.
this is better
unexpectedly calling people for no reason

I would be a Glad Hander...

I'm too friendly, :x