Various improvements and alterations

Author Topic: Various improvements and alterations  (Read 1480 times)

Bunch of suggestions below, most of which are improvements revolving around the player.

• An update on the mini figure giving it a complete UV unwrap, specifically to be able to create a per-rendered AO Pass on the character giving it much needed details especially the sides that are in the shadow. Example: http://cdn.wolfire.com/blog/ao/aocombination.jpg Current Minifig on the left and outcome on the middle.
  • Torques latest standard has introduced a system which defaults missing animations to the root animation, this would be especially handy for things like player type vehicles. Not having to create 52 animation entities for a none animated vehicle would be NICE.
  • Much of the same as the first one. Creating a decal that wraps around the torso, changing the current textures from a 512x512 to something such as 512x1024 and using the free space as the back decal and sides.

• Much of the same as the first one. Creating a decal that wraps around the torso, changing the current textures from a 512x512 to something such as 512x1024 and using the free space as the back decal and sides.
    Love this idea. Although I don't think it would be doable. Because I'm pretty sure that Badspot lost the files for the player model (other than the .dts files).

These are some really good ideas. I hope these get implemented D:

Love this idea. Although I don't think it would be doable. Because I'm pretty sure that Badspot lost the files for the player model (other than the .dts files).
    Couldn't he decompile it using Shaper? Isn't it the exact same outcome?[/list]

Couldn't he decompile it using Shaper? Isn't it the exact same outcome?[/list]

Decompiling isn't as simple as you might assume it is.

Badspot's Quote:
      If you want to make your own block building game, then good luck.  Just don't use the name "Blockland" and don't use any Blockland assets. 
      By assets, I mean the files from the game.  Do not use files from Blockland.  Do not call your project anything that contains the word "Blockland".
      Few month ago, we talked about Revolution Blockland, But you cannot use his own player model.

Badspot's Quote:Few month ago, we talked about Revolution Blockland, But you cannot use his own player model.
      What are you talking about