Widebody Airplane fuselage (Future airplane?)

Author Topic: Widebody Airplane fuselage (Future airplane?)  (Read 4304 times)

A few days ago, I though to build a large plane that will somewhat resemble the Boeing 777-300ER (image), so I started to try to make one.

The plane is still a large WIP, and I plan to have tinable windows, cabin lighting, cabin music, and simulated working jet engines.

I'm open to constructive criticism so that the airplane could come out as good as possible.

Things I plan to do in the near future:
  • Reduce brick count by quite a bit, since the fuselage is pretty spammy at the moment.
  • Recolor the airplane to a more suitable color
  • Finish the exterior

A image is attached below of the plane at this moment.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:02:13 PM by QuadStorm »

Seems a tad tall. Airplane cabins are generally not tall. Maybe add a ceiling over the cabin?

Ironically one of my spelling words this week is Fuselage.

Seems a tad tall. Airplane cabins are generally not tall. Maybe add a ceiling over the cabin?

I will work on that once I get around to really finishing the interior, but for now, it'll be pretty spacey. That also allows for a possible second level to the cabin like in a 747 in a future plane build.

I feel as though it is more of an oval than a cylinder, it should be more like that. Try shortening it a little. Also, be away that tapering it at the front and rear may be hard.

Your making SailorMan look bad.

Your making SailorMan look bad.
are you loving kidding me??? i hope this is a joke

are you loving kidding me??? i hope this is a joke
:cookieMonster:
I need to finish my planes lol.
--
Yes, I know we are all at different skill levels. If anyone ever needs help, ideas, tips, etc, for planes, please let me know. Im happy to help. I love virtually everything about dis stuff :)

WIP DC-4 Styled passenger plane, Will release the save when this is 100% finished.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 07:20:25 PM by SailorMan »

Sailor Man your buildings are loving lovey, i just wish i could build as well as that
I can do some pretty good stuff in minecraft but not in BL

:cookieMonster:
I need to finish my planes lol.
--
Yes, I know we are all at different skill levels. If anyone ever needs help, ideas, tips, etc, for planes, please let me know. Im happy to help. I love virtually everything about dis stuff :)

-snip-
WIP DC-4 Styled passenger plane, Will release the save when this is 100% finished.
Sailor Man your buildings are loving lovey, i just wish i could build as well as that
I can do some pretty good stuff in minecraft but not in BL

You two, focus on the OP, not SailorMan's stuff.

OP, I'd suggest you lower the floor a tad, and shrink the whole fuselage by eight or so bricks.  For the scale of seats to fuselage size, it seems inaccurate.  SailorMan made the point that trying to taper the ends on your current design would be difficult to do well.  The issue is with the ramp bricks, they just don't mesh well with curves in any other direction than what they were made for.  Therefore, I'd suggest you use forward-facing ramp bricks instead of side-facing ramps.  This also makes interior design easier by increasing space due to the flat area on the side of the fuselage created by forward-facing ramp brick techniques.

No yeah, Im just saying that Im still active in the plane building area of Blockland. As I said before, the fuselage comes to a point at the tops and bottom, because it is a bit large. When you go in a 777, the ceiling is not super high. I think there is a very small space above the cabin where certain electronics and fuses are (Well, atleast on a 747, maybe). But as I said before,  it may be hard to taper the fuselage for the nose and tail. Make sure you duplicate it and do it a few times. I will help you with anything if you need help. I can also give you tips for events and what to add :)

Ironically one of my spelling words this week is Fuselage.
wrong use of ironically lol.
you would be better off using coincidental. i hate it when people use ironic wrong.
ironic means the opposite of what you expected to happen.

wrong use of ironically lol.
you would be better off using coincidental. i hate it when people use ironic wrong.
ironic means the opposite of what you expected to happen.

But I expected one of his words was Landing Gear.

Empennage!

I was referring to the set of wheels that help land the plane safely, also known as undercarriage, not the rear end of the plane.  Get your terminology right!

I was referring to the set of wheels that help land the plane safely, also known as undercarriage, not the rear end of the plane.  Get your terminology right!
No. Silly. I fly planes. Dont you think I know what these things are? I was referring to another term that most everyone does not know how to spell.