Author Topic: What happened to VCE?  (Read 8322 times)

I'll take you through it if you find me in-game.
that'd be great. my rtb name is Dr.Kirby.
Are you handicapped? Just because the author goes on an ego-trip "my add-on sucks!" that doesn't mean you shouldn't use it. Just continue using it like you always did.
it's clearly deprecated for a reason. i'm sure it's because of stability or something, not because the add-on is bad in the author's eyes

someone should rewrite VCE. maybe i will. what are it's features?
I mean no personal offense to you, but VCE was written by Zack and Zack is one of the best programmers I know. Even though he clearly feels this isn't his best work and needs to be improved, I would be surprised if many other Blockland scripters could match his handiwork.

I mean no personal offense to you, but VCE was written by Zack and Zack is one of the best programmers I know. Even though he clearly feels this isn't his best work and needs to be improved, I would be surprised if many other Blockland scripters could match his handiwork.
fair enough. so there's nothing broken with VCE then?

If something is deprecated, its use is discouraged not impossible. As far as I know there are no glaring issues with VCE, my guess is that Zack felt a need to revisit and improve the add-on and never got around to it. When he signs on steam I'll message him and figure out what's going on, though.

that'd be great. my rtb name is Dr.Kirby. it's clearly deprecated for a reason. i'm sure it's because of stability or something, not because the add-on is bad in the author's eyes
Alright, I'll talk to you when I next find you. When you PM'd me I was at the hospital.

Alright, I'll talk to you when I next find you. When you PM'd me I was at the hospital.
What happened? Did you drop the bench press bar on yourself?

If you end up remaking it, make it prettier and more user friendly. (more default-like)

The only thing broken about VCE is how un-user friendly it is.

Also the manual isn't working.

What happened? Did you drop the bench press bar on yourself?

oh my god

it's not like I have any spare time or anything

I have never found a glitch in VCE that I wasn't able to find an easy work around for.

Trinick: quick question
Trinick: what happened to VCE, why did you destroy it
z0w0: i deprecated it and no one should use it ever again
Trinick: why
z0w0: it's broken, horrible and stuff
Trinick: it works afaik
Trinick: and why don't you fix it
Trinick: it's kind of a central add-on to blockland
z0w0: because i don't want to fix it
z0w0: don't have time and it never should have existed
z0w0: it goes against how events should work
z0w0: it's badspots fault