Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 843353 times)

Who the forget invented the following transmission layout?

1 3 5
2 4 R

I almost destroyed the gearbox by accidentally putting the stick in R while shifting down from 5 to 4.

yeah im 77 elc with automatic transmission and I went to put it in neutral and slipped into reverse

thank god the engine wasnt tuned well at the time so it just gave up and cut off from the sudden drag

I heard a loudass grinding noise and noticed that the stick wasn't getting into position. I put it back in 5th and noticed that I was trying to shove it in reverse.

Huge double supercharger blower higher that your roof gets you all the bitches in the 'hood

My car is lowered so the camber is going to be a little bit off unless I get camber arms. It's not off by a very significant amount.

For reference, this is the tread pattern of the tire:

[img width=300]http://www.bangshift.com/assets/images/news/2009/Feb/1-7/NT05_front_clean%20copy.jpg[/im g]

Christ dude how much drifting do you do?

-snip-

On the passing remark on brake pads, I was helping my dad replace the rear pads on our previous van last year. It was a Ford E-350, so basically every part of the vehicle is gigantic and very heavy. Well anyway, my dad was checking the brakes in the garage because they were past due (100+k miles without ever being changed) because there was a loud grinding sound whenever the brakes were applied. Turned out that the pads had completely worn down (especially the pads on the outward faces of the rotors) and literally cut deep jagged grooves into the rotors. So my dad had to order new rotors as well as pads and we had to quickly change them over a weekend because my family can't fit into any of our other cars (or in our case, two small cars won't work because two of them aren't drivable right now and my dad commutes in the other one). The calipers on that van were so heavy that it took both me and my dad just to take one off. The bolts on the rotors were also rusted so we had to beat the crap out of the rotors with mallets to loosen them.

But we got it done. We don't have that van anymore because the bearings in the front wheels needed replacement, we couldn't deal with it at home, and a mechanic fix was going to be like $900. My family drove to Illinois to get another E-350 and I got to stay home all day.

Huge double supercharger blower higher that your roof gets you all the bitches in the 'hood

[img]http://www.pontiaczone.com/forum/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=1665[/i mg]

My dad's friend has a '68 Firebird. It has a bad green custom paint job on it and a lot of his own mods on it. I rode with him one day to drive to an annual BMW event that we go to and it was totally awesome. He drifted through an intersection and a Mustang driver took it as a challenge. So we raced B)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 04:15:07 PM by XR-7 »

Well, now that my brother has gone off to college, this is my first car:

And good God, is it ugly.

Suprisingly enough, it has underglow, a louder muffler, and... dim-as-forget halogen bulbs. I have the stock parts lying around in the garage; I'm going to revert it all to stock and keep the muffler and the underglow (But I'll probably never use it.).

Besides, this car has a sketchy reputation because he "raced" in it, and carried guns in it. I'm just starting out as a driver, and I don't want cops breathing down my loving neck.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 04:30:55 PM by AtlasBlue »

I would burn those rims lol

I would burn those rims lol
I would take them to the range, Shoot them until the had enough holes that Swiss cheese would be proud, then put some exploding targets in the rim then proceed to shoot it until it explodes.

Yeah...I would go for this

1976 MG Midget Special, 35,000 miles, for $2500

Just as soon as I find two grand lying in the gutter

-snip-

Brakes are pretty easy to do typically, at least. I'm assuming on an E350 you had eight bolt which usually results in gigantic calipers. Good thing he didn't ruin those too lol.

-snip-

This almost looks like one of those perspective photography tricks where it's actually just a toy car with a close camera.

Yeah...I would go for this
1976 MG Midget Special, 35,000 miles, for $2500
that's really neat, i love it lol

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 08:41:17 PM by Bomberguy »