Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 854815 times)

but can you hotbox it?
most likely. after all, its a vw bus retro.

zoinks

Ok guys so I'm on an excessively tight budget and the fastest public transport to my university takes two hours and a half so I want to leave that as last-resort.

Here's a small chart I made the past commutes:
Distance AvgSpeed Consumption AvgConsumption
115.6km 64.4km/h 9.2L.             12.6km/l
112.2km 77.0km/h 8.4L.              13.5km/l
113.7km 84.0km/h 8.0L.              14.2km/l

Cruise at 100km/h.

How can I lower the consumption? Changing tires is a no-go because I don't have the GT and they're inflated at ~40PSI (the max-2 of the tires)

strip the interior
change the intake filter
swap catalysts for test pipes
replace muffler(s) with straight piping
buy a motorcycle or beat up prius
walk

Yes, let me walk 120km daily

The interior is stripped from everythin that's actually removable.
I changed the filter with the oil.
It has no exhaust muffler
What's a catalyst and test pipe?
I can't sell the truck, I need it.

I'm in this situation because of water in the fuel tank after fueling in a very shady gas station (I had 3L remaining, maybe less).

replacing cats with test pipes make it easier for the engine to exhale, at the expenseof the environment's health :))) breather mods in common cases add to power and efficiency, no matter how marginal the gains may be lol

lighter wheels + tires is the only other relatively-cheap thing you could change but tbh what's the point in spending hundreds in that department to save maybe $60 on gas per year

Yes, let me walk 120km daily
do it pusillanimous individual

One of these cars are in my area, but the convertible top is white and it's rusty as forget.

[im g]http://www.simoncars.co.uk/mini/slides/Austin%20Mini%20Van%201970%20front.jpg[/img]
ripoff trabant

I hope that was a joke. Trabants and Minis are hardly alike (beside both of them being front engined, FWD cars).

New bae has arrived from Iowa, also I cleaned it.

I hope that was a joke. Trabants and Minis are hardly alike (beside both of them being front engined, FWD cars).
it was a joke. its something like Austin-martin minivan or something like that, and I noted how similar they look to trabants.

the torino by me is a complete junker, only someone that's willing to put money and time into it would probably take it.

edit: and the old galaxie was a California car, which is why it doesn't look like dog stuff from sitting for 2 years because I'm in Pennsylvania.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 05:05:40 PM by Cheze »

Hey guys, I know that stuff quality diesel (sulphur > 100ppm) is great for old engines because it creates acid and lubricates it but how about with low sulphur engines (Engines that expect <50ppm)?
I was thinking of putting 500ppm fuel in my truck to save some (pretty big) bucks but before I do, I want to make sure it doesn't damage the engine.

New bae has arrived from Iowa, also I cleaned it.
[imghttp://i.imgur.com/TNpTrXD.jpg?1[/img]
wow it looks even worse clean