Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 848056 times)

I love days like today. Its finally in the 60s and the salt and gravel is disappearing from the streets so people put on their aftermarket rims and break out the hot rods and motorcycles and stuff.

so i decided to throw all my stuff down the hole and trade for that RX-8

ive done some minor things to it so far, working on an engine swap right now, and redoing the entire interior
ill have some body work done soon and maybe some custom rims later

from what i drove on the engine that was nearing 87,000 miles, the car drives like a dream.  the renesis doesnt have the most lovely noise but in all honestly the car is great.  the previous owner had some mods to the underbody and such, so i wont be messing with that.

ill post some pics of before and after the body work when thats done

I was out all day today. You know what people do on warm Sundays lol. We were driving alongside a Viper for a bit, but it turned before I could take a picture for proof. I saw a lot of muscle cars. A heck of a lot. Malibus, Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, Monte Carlos, etc from the old days. Also saw several Porsches, including a speeding Cayman. Some others: restored Packard, Mercedes CLS 55 AMG, Mercedes CLA, and several SL classes

I also saw this fake Impala SS. Note the default wheels, no skirts, stock bumpers, etc. There is no SS badge on the back. The guy driving was wearing a shirt that read "Memory Auto Club". Not sure why he wouldn't at least make a better attempt if not buying the real thing.

The impala ss in 2006 would've been amazing had it been rear wheel drive.

The impala ss in 2006 would've been amazing had it been rear wheel drive.

I wouldn't mind a good condition '96.

I wouldn't mind a good condition '96.
eugh those were hideous

I take a lot of picture of my car.

Also that stuffty non-glossy part is fixed since that's where the shop ran in to it so it's now fixed. :D

:c
http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/r-i-p-carrozzerie-italiane/

WHAT?!  ARE ALL THOSE COMPANIES DEAD NOW?!

Also, just a few minutes ago we (my dad, brother, and I) were trying to roll the hibernating Focus out of the drive in the woods.  The three of us together are only able to move it like two feet because of an incline.  He will be probably getting tow straps and then use our van to pull it out.  We will then pull the starter out and fix it to (hopefully) make it so I can drive it until I buy my own car.

Bad news: we found out that mice had crawled in under the hood.  Portions of the lining under the hood is chewed up (meh, not a problem), but we are hoping and praying that they didn't mess with the wires.  If so, we won't fix them.

Also, just a few minutes ago we (my dad, brother, and I) were trying to roll the hibernating Focus out of the drive in the woods.  The three of us together are only able to move it like two feet because of an incline.  He will be probably getting tow straps and then use our van to pull it out.  We will then pull the starter out and fix it to (hopefully) make it so I can drive it until I buy my own car.

Bad news: we found out that mice had crawled in under the hood.  Portions of the lining under the hood is chewed up (meh, not a problem), but we are hoping and praying that they didn't mess with the wires.  If so, we won't fix them.
most of them
pininfinira is still around
and so is touring
zagto might be i dunno

most of them
pininfinira is still around
and so is touring
zagto might be i dunno

You know anything about Ghia or Bertone?  Idk if it's part of it, but I'm assuming Abarth is still alive too?

Do you really care? They were companies of the past, anyway.

You know anything about Ghia or Bertone?  Idk if it's part of it, but I'm assuming Abarth is still alive too?
ghia doesn't really "make" cars anymore but they do make concept cars for ford

and abarth is fiat's in house tuning

As I was walking on campus I saw a Honda Odyssey with low profile tires, a gaudy body kit, and neon stripped decals being driven by a women in her 40s.

As I was walking on campus I saw a Honda Odyssey with low profile tires, a gaudy body kit, and neon stripped decals being driven by a women in her 40s.

Odysseys are the only minivan I've seen with rims on them and they actually look really sweet if done right.